Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders (No Breadcrumbs or Flour)
Parmesan crusted chicken tenders are your answer to please the entire family with a low carb meal! A quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Don’t Sweat The Recipe is supported by its readers. We may earn a commission if you purchase through a link on our site. Learn more.
Why You’ll Love These
We love this recipe! So easy to make and extremely delicious!
These chicken tenders are crazy good. You don’t even need to be on a low-carb plan to love them.
As previously stated, we are trying to cut back and lose some lbs. Confession, it’s not going all that well. I love to bake too much! It’s always a vicious cycle for me. At least I tried, right?
Some of our other favorite chicken recipes to make are baked chicken wings, crispy bbq chicken thighs, orange chicken kabobs, and easy chicken and broccoli stir fry.
- Chicken – For this recipe, we used chicken tenders. But you can also use boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs.
- Seasonings – Parmesan cheese, dried oregano, garlic powder, paprika, fresh parsley, salt, and black pepper.
- Unsalted Butter – We use this to dip the chicken tenders in for the seasonings to adhere.
How to Make Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders
I couldn’t resist this parmesan crusted chicken recipe that kept popping up on Pinterest. It’s flour and breadcrumb free. You won’t even miss them!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, and place a cooling rack in the pan.
In a shallow bowl combine the grated parmesan cheese (not the stuff with the green lid), parsley, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Update: Since making these over and over I have found that a smaller grate of the parmesan cheese works better.
Melt the butter in another shallow dish and start dipping.
Dip each chicken tender in butter then roll in seasoned cheese mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet. The butter helps the cheese mixture coat the chicken.
Bake for 20-30 minutes, serve and listen to the praises. Use an instant read thermometer to be sure they reach 165 degrees F internally.
Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
An absolutely delicious chicken dinner ready in no time!
Sides Dishes to Serve
You can always serve a marinara sauce on the side for a dipping sauce, but these chicken strips are loaded with flavor without a sauce.
You can serve anything you like with these parmesan chicken tenders. They are very versatile.
But we like to keep the meal low carb and serve them with loaded cauliflower mash, roasted green beans and mushrooms, cauliflower mac and cheese, or a simple green salad.
If you’re not keeping it low carb serve them with mashed potatoes, pasta of choice, or steamed rice.
- If you choose to use chicken breasts I suggest pounding them out to even thickness. This will ensure even cooking.
- You can buy chicken breasts and cut your own tenders. If you use chicken cutlets you will need to cut down on the cooking time.
- Do not use the parmesan cheese in the green can. Use shredded parmesan cheese, fresh shredded is best.
- I have found with making these over and over you should shred the cheese on the smaller side of the cheese grater. The finer the grate is on the cheese the better it will adhere to the chicken.
- Be sure to use the wire rack, it will prevent the chicken from sitting in its own juices. This prevents the coating from becoming soggy.
- We love this recipe the way it is but if you like you can dip the chicken in beaten eggs.
- Brush the chicken with dijon mustard or even mayonnaise. It will change the flavor a bit but will still be delicious.
- Try adding a little onion powder, about 1/2 teaspoon should be good.
- Use any fresh herbs you like, fresh thyme and oregano would be delicious.
- Try adding some Italian seasoning in place of the oregano.
Let them cool, place them in an airtight container, and refrigerate them for up to 3 days. Be aware that the coating loses its crispness. Reheat them in a 300 degree F oven for about 15 minutes.
More Low Carb Recipes
Easy Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano dried
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper fresh ground
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line large rimmed sheet pan with aluminum foil, place a cooling rack in the pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a shallow bowl and set aside.2 lbs chicken tenders, 1 cup parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons parsley, 1 tablespoon oregano, 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt butter in another shallow bowl.1/2 cup butter
- Dip each chicken tender in butter then roll in seasoned cheese mixture and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
I want to make this for dinner soon! Anything parmesan sounds good to me.
Oh my goodness these look amazing!! Pinned!!!
Thank you, Vicky!
This looks terrific! Thanks, for sharing.
Leigh, I really like the look of these yummy chicken tenders! Scheduled to pin later today. I can’t wait to give the recipe a try!
I just pinned your awesome Chicken Tenders! I really appreciate you sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday, hope you have a great day and hope to see you again soon!
I just made this for dinner. Very easy and my family liked it. I would make it again with less salt. A tad salty for my taste.
These are easy and delish. Great for keto.
Do you have the nutritional info?
I’m sorry I don’t but we are working on including this in our recipes. You could search for a nutrition analyzer. We are so glad you enjoyed the recipe! Thank you so much for coming by.
These are DELICIOUS! very simple and great flavor! Definitely will make them again, and again.
Can u freeze these?
I have never tried to freeze them. If you do, be sure to “flash freeze” them individually and then store as you wish.
In the nutrition box you have serving size 4g. 4g – really? Surely this is a mistake?
Have made this recipe a number of times and love it. Absolutely delicious!
Thanks, Annie! We have corrected the mistake.
My family loves it!
Awesome, Helen! Glad they liked it!! 🙂
One thing I feel that’s pretty important in this recipe. Is to Pat all of your tenders dry with a paper towel before rushing them or dipping them with butter or oil because although the recipe is very delicious and flavorful, mine came out very soggy and not crispy at all.That is the only thing that would make this recipe a definite 5 star recipe.