Easy chicken and broccoli stir fry is a healthy meal that can be on the table in 30 minutes.
This recipe packs a flavorful and nutritious punch! It comes together incredibly fast and the vegetables are easily interchangeable.
The sauce is lip-smacking good! So skip the take-out and make this quick and easy chicken and broccoli stir-fry at home tonight.
Try our easy Shrimp Salad!
Easy Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet.
Add the broccoli and bell peppers, saute for about 5 minutes. Remove the broccoli and peppers.
Add the remaining oil and chicken breast, saute for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
When chicken is done add the garlic, ginger and saute for 1 minute.
Add the vegetables back to the pan and cook an additional few minutes to warm through.
In a small bowl whisk together the chicken broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, sesame oil, and cornstarch.
Soy sauce can be very salty to some and not to others. This is why we use low sodium soy sauce. So season the sauce with salt and pepper to your taste.
Pour the stir fry sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables. Saute another minute.
Serve over rice, if desired. I like to drizzle a little extra sesame oil on mine. For me, you just can’t have enough.
Also, check out our Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry
Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Easy Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (more if desired)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli, bell peppers and saute for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the vegetables from the skillet to a plate and cover.
- Place the heat on high. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Season the chicken pieces with the pepper and add them to the skillet in a single layer – you may need to do this step in batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds to a minute more.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan and cook for 1-2 more minutes or until the vegetables are warmed through.
- In a small bowl whisk together the chicken broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, sesame oil, and cornstarch.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables; cook for 1 minute or so, until it just starts to thicken.
- Serve immediately with rice, if desired.