Easy baked parmesan meatballs are what’s for dinner. One-pan meal at it’s finest.
Mouthwatering, tender, juicy, Italian meatballs smothered in sauce and gooey mozzarella.
This dish is so easy and versatile. Serve them just the way they are, with pasta or meatball subs.
Try our Strawberry Shortcake!
Easy Baked Parmesan Meatballs Video
How to Make Easy Baked Parmesan Meatballs
I keep this tomato sauce in my freezer most of the time. So good! You will need 32oz for this recipe.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prep a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Mix ground beef, ground pork, garlic, bread crumbs, buttermilk, onion, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper by hand until just combined, careful not to over-mix.
Use a 1/4 – 1/3 cup scoop and form meatballs. (I use about 1/3 cup) Place the meatballs in the baking dish.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the meatballs to a plate and drain any grease and goo out of the pan.
Check out our Bread Pudding!
Pour about 1 cup of spaghetti sauce over the bottom of the pan. Add the meatballs back to the pan, top with the remaining sauce.
Sprinkle the shredded Italian cheese blend over the top, cover with foil and bake for another 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
Garnish with parsley and serve. The best meatballs you will ever eat! So tender and moist they just melt in your mouth. Want the goodness of this meatball but need a way to serve it at your next game day event? Turn them into sliders with this awesome Meatball Slider recipe!
Try our popular Italian Sausage Rigatoni with Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce. It’s delicious and a visual stunner!
Baked Parmesan Meatballs Recipe
Easy Baked Parmesan Meatballs Recipe
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 3/4 lb ground pork
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (not the kind in the green can)
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 32 oz marinara sauce (homemade or jar)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- Fresh parsley minced (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prep a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix ground beef, ground pork, garlic, bread crumbs, buttermilk, onion, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper by hand until just combined, careful not to over-mix.
- Use a 1/4 – 1/3 cup scoop and form meatballs. (I use about 1/3 cup) Place the meatballs in the baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Place meatballs on a plate. Drain excess grease from the baking dish.
- Pour about 1 cup marinara sauce in the bottom of the baking dish and spread to cover.
- Place meatballs in the pan in a single layer.
- Pour remaining marinara sauce over the top of the meatballs, then sprinkle the shredded Italian cheese blend over the top, so all the meatballs are covered in cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake, uncovered, for another 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.