Italian sausage rigatoni with a spicy tomato cream sauce is an easy, hearty, weeknight meal full of flavor and comfort.
Control the heat to please your pallet. Use spicy Italian sausage if you want to kick the heat up or use sweet to keep it mild.
Fire-roasted tomatoes and pancetta add layers of extra soul-warming flavor.
Try our Bread Pudding!
Italian Sausage Rigatoni with Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce Video
How To Make Italian Sausage Rigatoni with Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce
Cook the rigatoni according to package instructions. While the pasta is cooking, brown the Italian Sausage and pancetta in a large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
In the same skillet saute the onion until translucent, add the garlic and saute one minute.
Add the fire-roasted tomatoes and white wine. Simmer and reduce the liquid to about half.
Add the Parmesan and simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly.
Drain the pasta, add the sauce to the pasta saucepan (or vice versa), stir to coat the pasta, serve and enjoy!
Comfort food at it’s BEST!
Ugh, I’m drooling as I write this post! Must put this on the menu asap.
Now, let’s talk bread. Nothing beats a loaf of fresh baked bread to go with this dish. If you have time, you have to check out our Sourdough bread recipe! We worked on it for two years before we finally published it.
Check out our Sheet Pan Eggplant Parmesan!
Italian Sausage Rigatoni with Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce
- 12 oz rigatoni
- 12 oz Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 oz Pancetta cubed
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine or stock of your choice
- 14.5 oz fire-roasted tomatoes (1 can)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt the water. Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions. While the pasta is cooking begin the sauce.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the Italian sausage and pancetta. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate, set aside.
- Add the onion, saute until translucent. Add the garlic and saute another minute.
- Add the wine and fire-roasted tomatoes, simmer and reduce the liquid by half.
- Lower the heat, stir in the cream, spinach, salt, pepper, crushed red peppers, Italian sausage, and pancetta. Simmer until the cream is heated and the spinach is wilted. Add the Parmesan cheese and simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta, pour the sauce over and stir to coat evenly.
- Serve immediately.