Pork egg roll bowl is a perfect weeknight meal even if you aren’t low carb or keto! This seems to be us, we tend to go on and off of low carb.
Same great flavor as a traditional egg roll just without the wrapper. It’s also known as “crack slaw”. Skip the egg roll wrappers and save on calories and carbs!
Why You’ll Love This
This egg roll in a bowl recipe is super easy to make with budget-friendly ingredients. Look no further for an easy healthy dinner.
- An easy one pot meal.
- Fabulous flavor, healthy, and low carb!
- Ready in under 30 minutes.
Cooking Chinese food at home allows you to control the ingredients and sodium content.
- Ground pork – This keto egg roll bowl recipe is made with ground pork. You can also use ground beef, ground chicken, or ground turkey. We prefer the authentic flavor of the pork
- Sesame oil – Toasted sesame oil adds so much flavor to Chinese dishes. It’s one of our favorite flavorings.
- Onions and green onions
- Coleslaw mix – You can also use broccoli slaw if you like!
- Low sodium soy sauce – We don’t recommend using regular soy sauce as it adds way too much salt and will overpower the dish.
- Seasonings – Rice wine vinegar, sriracha, garlic, ground ginger, and black pepper.
- Try this pork egg roll bowl recipe with broccoli slaw instead of coleslaw.
- If you’re not worried about carbs add noodles or serve it over a bed of rice.
- Try stirring in some scrambled eggs.
- Substitute coconut aminos for the soy sauce gluten-free version.
How to Make Pork Egg Roll Bowl
Heat the toasted sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, and saute until translucent.
Add the ground pork and saute until almost cooked through. (Don’t worry it will continue to cook while cooking the slaw mix.)
While the pork is browning, in a bowl combine the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and garlic. Set aside. If you need gluten-free use coconut aminos in place of the soy sauce.
Once the pork is almost cooked through add the coleslaw mix, pour the sauce mix over the slaw, toss to coat, and cook until the slaw is tender.
Salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
You can also use shredded cabbage in this pork egg roll bowl. The bag mix just makes it that much easier and quicker to prepare.
Garnish with diced green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
An easy keto egg roll that’s ready in under 30 minutes!
Serve and enjoy this low-calorie, low-carb, healthy meal!
With only 296 calories in this pork egg roll bowl you can’t go wrong, right?
We love this recipe for meal prepping. Store in air-tight containers in the fridge for up to three days. To reheat just pop it in the microwave.
This keto egg roll in a bowl also freezes well. Let cool to room temperature, place in a freezer-safe container or bag, and freeze for up to 2 months.
More Delicious Recipes
- Shrimp Salad Recipe
- Pan-Seared Salmon Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- Fried Cabbage and Sausage
- Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
Pork Egg Roll Bowl Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 lb ground pork
- 16 oz coleslaw mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper fresh ground
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha more to taste
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 green onions diced (green parts)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, sauté until translucent.
- Add the ground pork, sauté until the pork is almost cooked through.
- In a small bowl mix the ginger, black pepper, sriracha, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and garlic. Set aside.
- Add the coleslaw mix to the skillet, pour the sauce mixture over the top, toss and sauté until the coleslaw is tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds