Pork egg roll bowl is a perfect weeknight meal even if you aren’t low carb or keto! Which seems to be us, we tend to go on and off of low carb. Same great flavor as a traditional egg roll just without the wrapper. It’s also known as “crack slaw”. Super easy to make with budget-friendly ingredients. Look no further for an easy healthy dinner.
Pork Egg Roll Bowl
Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, saute until translucent. Add the ground pork and saute until almost cooked through. (Don’t worry it will continue to cook while cooking the slaw mix.)
While the pork is browning, in a small bowl mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, and garlic. Set aside. If you need gluten free use coconut aminos in place of the soy sauce.
Once the pork is almost cooked through add the slaw mix, pour the sauce mix over the slaw, toss to coat and cook until the slaw is tender. You can buy cabbage and slice yourself if you like. The bag mix just makes it that much easier and quicker to prepare. You can also use any type of ground meat you like, we really enjoy the authentic pork flavor.
Garnish the pork egg roll bowl with diced green onions and sesame seeds.
Serve and enjoy this low calorie, low carb, healthy meal! With only 296 calories in this pork egg roll bowl you can’t go wrong, right? This is also great for meal prep.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha more to taste
- 16 oz bag coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 green onions diced (green parts)
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, sauté until translucent.
- Add the ground pork, sauté until the pork is almost cooked through.
- In a small bowl mix the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and garlic. Set aside.
- Add the coleslaw mix to the skillet, pour the sauce mixture over the top, toss and sauté until the coleslaw is tender.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds
More Delicious Recipes