Fried cabbage and sausage is an easy low carb one pan meal ready in less than 30 minutes. A quick and easy weeknight meal on a budget! A simple dish with few ingredients make shopping and cooking a breeze!
Fried Cabbage and Sausage
Use any sausage you like in this dish. We use smoked beef sausage and love it!
Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in large skillet over medium-high heat, add the onion and saute until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and saute another minute. Pour in the red wine vinegar and stir and scrape the pan.
Add the sliced sausage and saute until browned on both sides, about 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining butter, cabbage, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and coat the cabbage with butter and seasonings.
Cook until the cabbage is wilted and slightly browned, about 8-10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy and quick and healthy meal.
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 14 oz smoked sausage thinly sliced on a bias
- large head green cabbage cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1/4 cup parsley rough chopped
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, sauté until onion is translucent about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté another minute.
- Add red wine vinegar to the pan, stir and scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Add sliced sausage to the pan and sauté until slightly browned on both sides, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, cabbage, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat the cabbage with butter and seasonings.
- Saute until cabbage is wilted and slightly browned about 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
More Delicious Recipes