Fried cabbage and sausage is an easy low carb one pan meal ready in less than 30 minutes.
A quick and easy weeknight meal on a budget! A simple dish with few ingredients that make shopping and cooking a breeze!
Try our Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders recipe!
Fried Cabbage and Sausage
Use any sausage you like in this dish. We use smoked sausage and love it!
You can also use red cabbage, but we highly recommend green cabbage. Cut the cabbage yourself into slightly thicker slices. Shredded cabbage will cook down to almost nothing.
Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the onion, and saute until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for another minute. Pour in the red wine vinegar and stir and scrape the pan.
Add the sliced sausage and saute until browned on both sides, about 2-3 minutes.
Add the cabbage, remaining butter, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and coat with the butter and seasonings.
Cook until the cabbage is tender and slightly browned, about 8-10 minutes.
Give our Keto Grilled Pork Tenderlion recipe a try!
Serve and enjoy this quick and healthy meal.
Check out our popular Cauliflower Mac and Cheese.
Sausage and Cabbage Skillet Recipe
Fried Cabbage and Sausage Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 14 oz smoked sausage thinly sliced on a bias
- 1 large head green cabbage cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1/4 cup parsley rough chopped
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, sauté until onion is translucent about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté another minute.
- Add red wine vinegar to the pan, stir and scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Add sliced sausage to the pan and sauté until slightly browned on both sides, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, cabbage, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat the cabbage with butter and seasonings.
- Saute until cabbage is wilted and slightly browned about 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.