Loaded Cauliflower Mash Casserole is the perfect swap out for twice baked potatoes. It’s unbelievably tasty and full of the loaded baked potato flavors you crave!
Are you eating a low carb diet? We are trying to be after the heavy holiday eating.
This loaded cauliflower casserole is too good to be low carb! If you’ve never tried it you are missing out.
You don’t even have to be on a keto diet to enjoy this dish, just ask my husband. We love this recipe, it’s absolutely delicious!
Try our Smoked Chicken Wings!
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
How to Make A Healthy Cauliflower Casserole
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Core the cauliflower and dice into small pieces.
Cook the cauliflower florets in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender 15-20 minutes. Drain very well.
Place the cauliflower in a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher or hand mixer, I leave some small chunks for a little texture.
Add the cream cheese, sour cream, green onions, Parmesan, butter, salt, pepper, and 3/4 of the bacon into the warm mashed cauliflower.
It looks like creamy mashed potatoes, right? Ok, not exactly but close.
Spread the cauliflower mixture evenly into an 8×8 casserole dish.
Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese and bacon.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
This is a great way to get picky eaters to eat their vegetables!
And also trick your husband to eat lower carb. I can’t tell you how much he raved about this dish and said he would eat it over and over.
My daughter (the pescatarian) also loves this dish so when I make it I separate a couple of portions sans the bacon and bake in a separate dish.
Serve this dish along side our Grilled Pork Tenderloin!
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole Recipe
Loaded Cauliflower Mash Casserole Recipe
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 4 oz. cream cheese cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3-4 green onions diced (green parts only)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 slices bacon cooked crisp and diced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare an 8×8 casserole dish with olive oil or non-stick spray.
- Cut out stem and core from cauliflower, and dice into small pieces. Cook in a large pot of boiling salted water until cauliflower is tender, but not too soft. Drain well and mash with potato masher or electric hand mixer, we leave some chunks for texture.
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, green onions, Parmesan, butter, salt, pepper, and 3/4 of the bacon into the warm mashed cauliflower.
- Spread evenly the casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and reserved bacon.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.