This homemade Dill Pickle Chex Mix combines classic crunchy Chex mix with the tangy and zesty flavor of dill pickles! A popular treat for parties, gatherings, holidays, or when you’re in the mood for a flavorful snack.
Why You’ll Love This
This Dill Pickle Chex Mix recipe is easy to make.
It serves a crowd or is just a fun family snack.
It’s full of bold dill flavor, a crunchy, savory snack mix that satisfies all your cravings.
This homemade dill pickle Chex mix recipe is easily adaptable to your favorite inclusions. Switch them up!
Check out some of our favorite Snack Recipes such as Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels, Seasoned Ritz Bits Crackers, Fire Cracker Cheez-Itz, How to Roast Almonds with Salt, Dill Oyster Crackers, and Ranch Party Mix.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and instructions.
- Chex Cereal – This recipe uses Rice Chex cereal and Corn Chex cereal. Feel free to substitute a few cups of each with Wheat Chex cereal.
- Add-Ins – We use mixed nuts, mini pretzels, and garlic rye chips (rye crisps).
- Seasonings – Unsalted butter, Hidden Valley Ranch Dips Mix Creamy Dill or ranch dressing mix, dried dill weed, pickle juice, and garlic powder.
How to Make Dill Pickle Chex Mix
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
Add the cereal, nuts, pretzels, and rye chips to a large rimmed baking pan.
In a microwave-safe measuring cup or bowl melt the stick of butter. Whisk in the ranch dill dip mix, dried dill, pickle juice, and garlic powder.
Pour the butter mixture evenly over the Chex mixture. Gently stir to coat thoroughly.
Bake for 1 hour, gently stirring every 15 minutes.
Allow to cool completely and serve.
Add-Ins and Substitutions
This Dill Pickle Chex Mix recipe is easily adaptable to your favorite crunchy snacks.
Switch out the mixed nuts for your favorite nuts such as peanuts, cashews, or pecans.
Use Cheez-Itz, Gold Fish, pita chips, Bugels, Cheerios, bagel chips, pretzel sticks, or oyster crackers.
Use garlic and/or dill pickle flavored pretzels or crunchy snacks to bump up those flavors.
- I skip mixing the Chex mix in a bowl and mix everything in the baking sheet. It saves time and cleanup.
- You can use vegetable oil instead of butter but you will lose that yummy butter flavor.
- Be sure to fold and toss gently so you don’t break up the cereal too much.
- If you can’t find Hidden Valley Ranch Dips Mix Creamy Dill flavor you can use the regular dry ranch seasoning mix and add an additional teaspoon of dried dill.
- I prefer my lasagna pan over a low-rimmed baking sheet. It keeps it more contained and is much easier to use.
Absolutely! Homemade Chex Mix is very flexible. Add or substitute any of your favorite ingredients.
Yes. But I prefer the oven over the microwave for the Chex mix.
Add the Chex mix ingredients to a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in a small bowl, whisk in the remaining ingredients, pour it over the cereal mixture, and gently toss to coat evenly.
Cook in the microwave for 5 minutes, gently stirring at every one-minute interval. Spread it on a flat surface (such as parchment paper or a large baking sheet) to cool completely.
This snack mix can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
You can but I don’t recommend freezing this snack mix. It can change the fabulously crunchy texture.
More Delicious Chex Mix Recipes
Dill Pickle Chex Mix Recipe
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 4 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 2 cups Mini pretzels
- 2 cups Garlic rye chips
- 1 cup Mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter melted
- 0.9 oz Hidden Valley Ranch Dips Mix Creamy Dill flavor 1 packet
- 1 tbsp Dill pickle juice
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 1/2 tsp Dried dill
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Combine the cereal, nuts, pretzels, and rye chips in a large rimmed baking pan.4 cups Rice Chex cereal, 4 cups Corn Chex cereal, 2 cups Mini pretzels, 2 cups Garlic rye chips, 1 cup Mixed nuts
- Whisk the melted butter, ranch dill dip mix, dried dill, pickle juice, and garlic powder together.1/2 cup Unsalted butter, 0.9 oz Hidden Valley Ranch Dips Mix Creamy Dill flavor, 1 tbsp Dill pickle juice, 1 tsp Garlic powder, 2 1/2 tsp Dried dill
- Pour the butter mixture evenly over the Chex mix. Gently fold and toss the mixture to ensure it’s evenly distributed.
- Bake for 1 hour, gently stirring and tossing every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely and serve.