Praline Crunch Snack Mix is the perfect balance of salty, sweet, and crunchy! Not to mention (warning) it’s extremely addictive. Beware!
Every time I walked into the kitchen my husband had his hand in the container and a mouth full of crunchy goodness.
Try our bread pudding recipe with bourbon sauce!
Praline Crunch Snack Mix
How to make Praline Crunch Snack Mix
This is basically Crispix chex mix with caramel and pecans. It’s so easy to make you just might want to double the recipe.
Some people use oatmeal squares instead, we prefer the Crispix lighter texture.
Preheat the oven to 250ºF. Lightly coat a baking sheet or roasting pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl combine the cereal and pecans.
Place a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the dark brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
Also try our Ranch Party Mix recipe!
Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the vanilla and baking soda.
Pour over the cereal mixture and stir to coat evenly.
Spread the mixture evenly in the baking pan.
Bake 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Once cooled break into pieces and serve.
This is the perfect sweet and salty afternoon snack. It’s also great to take to parties, gatherings, and give as gifts!
This Easy Spinach Dip recipe is great at parties and gatherings!
Praline Pecan Snack Mix Recipe
Praline Crunch Snack Mix Recipe
- 8 cups Crispix cereal
- 2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 250ºF. Lightly coat a baking sheet or roasting pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and pecans.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda. Pour over cereal mixture, tossing gently to coat evenly.
- Pour cereal mixture in the pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Pour onto wax or parchment paper to cool. Break into pieces.