Chex Mix is a holiday tradition in our home. But y daughter loves this Chex mix so we make it year-round.
A few weeks ago our stove/range gave up the ghost. So I decided to try the slow cooker method. I honestly didn’t think it would be as crispy and delicious. I was wrong! It’s super easy, as well.
The oven method requires you to stir the mix every 15 minutes. This method you only need to do it every hour.
Try our Sausage Balls!
Slow Cooker Chex Mix
As you all know, you can mix and match any ingredients you wish.
No need to turn the oven on or dirty baking sheets for this method.
Add chex cereal, pretzels, crackers, and peanuts to the bowl of a slow cooker.
In a small bowl whisk the melted butter, seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
Check out our Peanut Butter Balls!
Slowly pour the sauce evenly over the cereal mix. Toss to coat evenly.
Be sure to place paper towels under the crock pot lid to catch the condensation. You don’t want soggy Chex Mix.
Allow to cook on the low setting for 3 hours. Every hour stir the mix to prevent burning.
The best Chex mix recipe to have on hand during the holidays or bring a batch to those holiday parties!
Check out our Spicy Oyster Crackers! WARNING highly addictive!
Slow Cooker Chex Mix Recipe
Slow Cooker Chex Mix
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup cheese snack crackers (or whatever your prefer)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Add cereal, pretzels, crackers, and peanuts to the bowl of a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl mix the melted butter, seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Slowly pour the sauce evenly over the cereal mix. Toss to coat evenly.
- Place the paper towels on top of the slow cooker and then the lid, allow to cook on the low setting for 3 hours.
- Every hour stir the mix to prevent burning.