This easy peppermint fudge recipe will be your favorite holiday treat to gift or enjoy yourself!
Creamy, rich dark chocolate fudge flavored with a touch of peppermint and topped with crushed peppermint candy. Melt in your mouth deliciousness!
Chocolate and peppermint just go perfectly together! Especially during the Christmas season.
This sweet creamy treat makes the perfect gift for friends and family, or to bring to a cookie swap.
We just added peppermint flavor to our favorite Extra Dark Chocolate Fudge recipe and topped it with crushed candy canes! Easy, right?
Ingredients Needed for Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Granulated sugar
- Marshmallow Creme
- Evaporated Milk
- Unsalted butter
- Dark Chocolate chips (or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- Vanilla extract
- Peppermint extract
- Crushed peppermint candy
How to Make Peppermint Fudge
Line an 8″ or 9″ square baking pan with foil, butter the foil or parchment paper, and set aside. Leave the sides of the parchment paper or foil a little longer so it will be easy to lift the fudge out of the baking dish.
Place marshmallow creme, sugar, evaporated milk, and butter in a large heavy saucepan, bring to boil stirring constantly over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes.
There is no need for a candy thermometer. This recipe has never failed me in all the years I’ve been making this fudge.
Remove from the heat, stir in chocolate baking chips, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract. Stir until the chocolate chips melt thoroughly and the mixture is smooth.
Pour into the prepared baking pan, sprinkle the crushed candy evenly over the top of the fudge, and press down lightly. Let set until firm before cutting into desired size pieces.
I don’t recommend stirring the crushed candy into the fudge. It can become chewy and tacky (not a good texture). This is why I just spread them over the top.
You can refrigerate it to speed up the process. Chilling the fudge also makes it cut smoother and cleaner.
We absolutely love this fudge!
How to Store Fudge
Fudge will last 3 – 4 weeks stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator. This is why fudge is a great make-ahead holiday treat!
More Delicious Treat Recipes:
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Chocolate Orange Fudge
- Chocolate Orange Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
- Italian Fig Cookies (Cucidati)
- Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
- Best Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies
Peppermint Fudge Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 5 oz evaporated milk (small can)
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy (candy canes)
- Line an 8″ or 9″ square pan with foil, butter the foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine, marshmallow creme, granulated sugar, evaporated milk, and butter in a heavy-bottom saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat to a full boil, stirring constantly.
- Once to a boil, cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat, stir in chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract.
- Stir until the chocolate chips are melted thoroughly and smooth, immediately pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the crushed peppermint candy evenly over the top and press down lightly.
- Let set until firm. Refrigerate to speed up the process and make slicing easier.