Spicy cheddar snack mix is a must-have for all parties, gatherings, and just plain movie night! It’s the perfect blend of spice and cheese flavors.
I suggest making several batches because it doesn’t last long.
Why You’ll Love This
- This snack is a combination of all your favorite snacks tossed with mouth-watering seasonings! It’s just like making the regular snack we all love, simple and delicious.
- Spicy, crispy, cheddary crackers blended with Chex cereal and peanuts!
- Cheesy, crunchy, and delicious snacking anytime!
- Chex Cereal – This homemade Cheddar Chex Mix uses the same blend of cereals as regular Chex Mix. Corn Chex, Wheat Chex, and Rice Chex cereals.
- Cheddar Crackers – We spice up the Cheddar Chex mix recipe ingredients by using Cheez-It Pepper Jack Snack Crackers and Chee-It Grooves Hot & Spicy Crackers.
- Seasoning – We use ranch seasoning, parmesan cheese, dried red pepper flakes, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Don’t like peanuts use a nut of your choice, such as pecans, almonds, or cashews.
- Use different cheddar crackers such as Goldfish crackers.
- Add some mini pretzels!
- We like this recipe as written but you could add some onion powder and garlic powder.
- Want it even spicier? Add some hot sauce to the butter and seasonings.
How to Make Spicy Cheddar Snack Mix
Preheat the oven to 250°.
Add the Chex cereal, crackers, and peanuts to a large roasting pan. Whisk the butter, ranch packet, red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese, and Worcestershire sauce together in a small bowl.
Pour the sauce over the ingredients and stir gently to coat. Bake for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
Let cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.
I chose pepper jack crackers and hot & spicy cheddar crackers to give this snack some extra spunky flavor. You can choose whichever type of cheese crackers you like.
We make these types of snacks all year round. Easy enough to feed a large crowd or just snack for your family.
Spicy, crunchy, cheesy snack mix that’s perfect for any occasion!
Let it cool completely, then transfer to an air-tight container or bag, and store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. If it lasts that long!
More Snack Recipes
- Praline Crunch Snack Mix
- Firecracker Cheez-Itz
- Ranch Party Mix
- Spicy Seasoned Oyster Crackers
- Slow Cooker Chex Mix
Spicy Cheddar Snack Mix Recipe
- 3 cups wheat Chex cereal
- 3 cups corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1½ cups peanuts
- 3 cups pepper jack cheddar crackers
- 3 cups hot & spicy cheddar crackers
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat your oven 250°.
- In a large roasting pan, add the cereal, peanuts and cheddar crackers
- In a small bowl, whisk the melted butter, ranch, Parmesan, red pepper flakes and Worcestershire sauce. Pour the butter mixture over the ingredients and stir gently until evenly coated.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.