Roasted salted almonds are super easy to make at home. Three ingredients, the oven, and done! A healthy snack that’s cheaper if you make them yourself.
I can usually find raw almonds at half the price of roasted ones. So why wouldn’t I make them myself? It’s way more cost-effective and definitely tastier. The only problem is being able to get to them before my family eats them all.
Why You’ll Love This
A budget-friendly snack that everyone enjoys!
- Almonds – Whole raw almonds.
- Butter – Unsalted butter. If using salted butter cut back on the salt in this recipe. If you prefer you can use olive oil.
- Salt – Kosher salt. If using table salt cut the amount in half.
How to Make Roasted Salted Almonds
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Toss the almonds and melted butter together in a bowl. Spread almonds out evenly on a baking sheet, sprinkle with the salt.
Roast for 5 minutes, give them a toss and roast another 5-10 minutes.
Watch them closely they will burn very quickly. When they are fragrant and golden they are done.
You can place them on paper towels to cool and drain. I don’t bother with this step.
Swap up the flavoring in this roasted almonds recipe.
- Salt and Pepper Almonds – Add 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper.
- BBQ Almonds – Use about 1 tablespoon of barbecue rub.
- Smoky Roasted Almonds – Add chipotle chili powder or smoked paprika.
Taste once cooled, add extra salt if desired.
Roasted salted almonds are an easy healthy snack or they are a great cocktail party snack.
No. Some people do try and make them softer, and maybe less bitter. But it is not necessary, there really is no notable difference.
When completely cooled store in an airtight container at room temperature.
More Snack Recipes
Roasted Salted Almonds Recipe
- 3 cups raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven the 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss the almonds and melted butter to coat.
- Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the salt. (start with 1/2 teaspoon)
- Bake 5 minutes, stir the almonds and bake another 5-10 minutes.
- Watch closely, almonds will burn quickly.
- Remove from the oven to paper towels to cool and drain, if desired.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.