Puff pastry parmesan cheese straws are the perfect cocktail party appetizer or an easy bread to whip up for dinner.
Flaky, puff pastry sprinkled with parmesan cheese, gruyere cheese, garlic, and herbs! You just can’t go wrong with this quick and easy appetizer!
Try our Bread Pudding!
Puff Pastry Parmesan Cheese Straws
So, so simple!
Preheat the oven to 400F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl whisk the melted butter and garlic powder.
In another small bowl whisk together the Parmesan, Gruyere, and Italian seasoning.
With a rolling pin roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to approximately a 10×12 inch square.
Brush the melted butter mixture evenly over the entire puff pastry. Evenly sprinkle the grated cheese and herb mixture.
With a knife or pizza cutter slice the dough into long 1/2″ strips.
One strip at a time, pick up the cheese straw strip and twist both ends in an opposite direction until the strip is completely spiraled. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Slightly press the ends onto parchment paper to prevent any untwisting. Repeat with remaining strips spacing 1″ on the baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown and puffed.
Let cool for about 5 minutes and serve these cheese straws with our favorite Jamaican Me Crazy cocktail.
They are best served fresh.
With very few ingredients you can turn store-bought puff pastry into highly addictive, crispy cheese straws.
Great for a party, dinner guests or just a weeknight dinner with the family!
Try our Savory Parmesan Rosemary Shortbread recipe for cocktail hour!
Puff Pastry Cheese Straws Recipe
Puff Pastry Parmesan Cheese Straws Recipe
- 1 sheet puff pastry (store-bought)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated fine
- 1/4 cup Gruyere cheese, grated fine
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the melted butter and garlic powder. In another small bowl whisk the Parmesan cheese, Gruyere cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to approximately a 10×12 inch square.
- Brush on the melted butter mixture to the edges of the pastry. Sprinkle the cheese and herb mixture evenly over puffed pastry.
- Cut crosswise into 1/2″ inch strips. Carefully twist the strips and place on the baking sheet pressing slightly on the ends to prevent untwisting. Scrape up any additional cheese and seasoning and sprinkle over twists.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, watching carefully not to burn. Let cool about 5 minutes and serve immediately.