The best Artichoke dip! It’s deliciously warm, rich, creamy, cheesy, and is always a crowd-pleaser.
Why You’ll Love This
This dip is so quick and easy to whip up that you will make it for all your parties, get-togethers, game day events, and holidays!
- You will never buy those store-bought artichoke dips!
- It’s cheesy, creamy, and delectable!
- This simple hot artichoke dip recipe is super easy to make all in one bowl.
- It’s a very popular appetizer that’s great for holidays and game days!
You probably already have everything needed to make this warm appetizer dip in your kitchen.
- Mayonnaise, sour cream, and cream cheese – These make the base of the dip creamy and smooth.
- Pecorino Romano cheese (or Parmesan cheese) and Mozzarella Cheese – Use a good quality Pecorino Romano cheese, not the kind in the green can.
- Artichoke hearts – Be sure to drain them and give them a rough chop. You don’t want big hunks of artichoke.
We like to use Pecorino Romano over Parmesan. It just has a little stronger flavor and saltiness.
How to Make Hot Artichoke Dip
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
I bake this in an enamel-coated cast iron dish and never have trouble with it sticking. You really shouldn’t need to coat the pan with cooking spray, but it will depend on the type of dish you are using.
I recommend glass bakeware for this dish.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, softened cream cheese, sour cream, and garlic together. I use an electric hand mixer for this part. I’m lazy that way.
Stir in the green onions, 1 cup Pecorino Romano, 1 cup mozzarella, and artichoke hearts until combined.
At this point, you could taste it for seasoning. The Romano cheese is usually salty enough that you don’t need to add more salt.
Spread the mixture into an 8×8 baking dish (small casserole dish). Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of Pecorino Romano and 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese over the top.
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until bubbly in the center and golden brown on top.
This three-cheese artichoke dip is best served warm. Leftovers are great to spread on sandwiches or tossed with a pasta noodle of your choice.
Tips and Variations
- Grate the cheese yourself. Store-bought shredded cheese often contains anti-caking agents and does not melt as smoothly.
- You can swap out the mozzarella for some fontina, Monterey Jack cheese, or white cheddar.
- Using an electric hand mixer to combine the mayo, cream cheese, and sour cream is much easier than hand mixing.
- Add some fresh spinach in to make a spinach artichoke dip. If using frozen spinach, thaw and drain thoroughly.
- Use low-fat dairy products to make this artichoke dip recipe healthier. Although I have never tested this, so let us know if it works for you.
This simple hot artichoke dip can be served with crackers, bread pieces, tortilla chips, baguette slices, and/or pita chips.
Make it low carb or keto and serve it with vegetables like celery, bell pepper slices, cucumber slices, or endive.
Yes! Make the dip as instructed, and place it in the baking pan. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before baking.
Yes, you can make this into a crock pot version. Mix as instructed and place into a greased slow cooker. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
Let it cool completely, cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or in a 350-degree F oven for about 20-25 minutes, until bubbly.
Leftovers are great to spread on sandwiches or tossed with a pasta noodle of your choice.
I don’t recommend freezing. It can change the texture. But if you want to try freezing it before baking, wrap it tightly. Or after baking, let it cool completely, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil, and freeze for up to 1 month.
More Dip Recipes
Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 8 oz Cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Green onions diced
- 1 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese shredded, divided
- 1 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded, divided
- 14 oz Artichoke hearts, water-packed (not marinated) drained and roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, softened cream cheese, and garlic together.1/2 cup Mayonnaise, 1/2 cup Sour cream, 8 oz Cream cheese, 1 1/2 tsp Garlic
- Stir in the green onions, 1 cup Pecorino Romano, 1 cup mozzarella, and artichoke hearts until combined.1/2 cup Green onions, 1 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, 1 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, 14 oz Artichoke hearts, water-packed (not marinated)
- Spread the mixture into an 8×8 baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of Pecorino Romano and 1/4 cup mozzarella over the top.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until bubbly in the center and golden brown on top.
- Serve hot.