This eggnog bundt cake is a super moist, buttery, eggnog-infused bundt cake drizzled with a sweet eggnog glaze.
Why You’ll Love This
This cake will be your new favorite holiday dessert. It is a must this holiday season! It’s basically an eggnog pound cake drizzled with an eggnog glaze.
The eggnog butter glaze is poured over the bottom of the cake which has holes poked in it. Allowing the glaze to seep through the cake. This gives it such a pretty presentation too.
Celebrate the holiday with this phenomenal dessert! Let me just tell you it’s a struggle to keep my face out of this cake. Seriously.
How to Make Eggnog Bundt Cake
Grease and flour or spray with baking spray a 12 cup bundt pan or a 10 cup bundt pan.
Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, and set aside.
Using a stand mixer, cream the butter and granulated sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, combining them in between.
Add the vanilla extract and eggnog, and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients (flour mixture) and mix until combined.
Pour the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 65-75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Next time I’m going to add a little rum extract. Yum!
While the cake is cooling slightly, prepare the glaze. Combine the butter, eggnog, extra-fine sugar, and freshly grated nutmeg in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
Whisk continuously until the sugar is dissolved. Do not allow it to boil.
Leaving the warm cake in the pan and using a wooden skewer, poke holes all over the cake and pour the glaze evenly over it. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely in the pan.
Once cooled, invert the cake onto a serving plate.
This eggnog butter cake is sure to wow your holiday guests!
It’s so easy you will want to make it over and over again. It’s perfect for holiday parties!
The glaze adds just a touch of eggnog sweetness. It’s sure to receive rave reviews.
Dust with powdered sugar, and enjoy!
- Purchase your favorite good-quality eggnog, or you can make your own.
- Use room-temperature butter, eggs, and eggnog.
- Measure the flour properly. Aerate, spoon, and swoop level.
- I use a baking spray that uses oil and flour. I spray the pan well and never have a problem with the cake sticking to the pan.
- Know your oven! Start watching the cake at about 1 hour. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan (about 2 hours), and then invert the cake onto a serving plate.
- You can add bourbon, rum, or brandy to this cake if you desire. Add a couple of tablespoons to the wet ingredients.
- Add some rum extract to keep it alcohol-free. I would suggest 1 to 2 teaspoons.
For this eggnog bundt cake recipe, you will glaze it hot. You only cool the cake slightly while making the eggnog glaze. Poke holes in the cake and then pour the glaze over the cake while it’s still in the pan.
Yes, this cake becomes more flavorful and moist as it sits. You can make it up to 2 days ahead.
Store in an airtight container or wrap it with plastic wrap at room temperature for 3 to 4 days. You can refrigerate it for up to 5 days.
You can freeze this cake wrapped tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil for up to 3 months. Just be aware that the glaze might change in texture, and it could become a little grainy. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
More Bundt Cake Recipes
Eggnog Bundt Cake Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup extra fine granulated sugar*
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325°F/165°C.
- Grease a 12 cup bundt pan (or 10 cup) with butter and flour or spray generously with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.3 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.1 cup unsalted butter, 2 cups granulated sugar
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing to combine after each.4 large eggs, room temperature
- Add the vanilla extract and eggnog, mix to combine.1 tablespoon vanilla, 1 1/4 cup eggnog
- Add the dry ingredients, mix until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 65-75 minutes until a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean.
- While cake is cooling slightly, make the glaze.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.1/3 cup unsalted butter, 3/4 cup extra fine granulated sugar*, 1/4 cup eggnog, 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Whisk continuously until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Do not bring to a boil.
- While cake is still in the bundt pan, poke holes all over the warm cake and pour glaze evenly over the cake.
- Allow cake to cool completely in pan and then invert cake onto a serving plate.
Recipe slightly adapted from ImperialSugar