Lemon-Orange Pound Cake is a sublime slice of citrus heaven!
Buttery, soft pound cake laced with lemon and orange zest and topped with a delicious citrusy glaze.
Bursting with citrus flavors this cake just screams spring and Easter dessert!
Check out the Best Homemade Carrot Cake recipe you will ever try!
Lemon-Orange Pound Cake
Prepare a bundt pan with non-stick baking spray or butter and flour. Or you could also use 2 loaf pans.
In a medium-size bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
In the large bowl using an electric mixer cream the room temperature butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add the flour mixture alternating with the buttermilk in about 4 additions, ending with the flour. Beating until blended after each addition.
Blend in the vanilla extract, lemon extract, lemon zest, and orange zest.
Pour into prepared pan evenly and smooth out the top.
Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Try our Dark Chocolate Espresso Cake recipe!
Cool the bundt cake in the pan on a wire rack about 20 minutes.
Remove from the pan and return to the wire rack to cool completely.
To prepare the glaze, whisk the powdered sugar together with the additional lemon zest, orange zest, lemon juice, and orange juice.
The orange lemon glaze truly zings with lemon-orange flavor.
Drizzle the glaze evenly over the cake and allow to set about 20 minutes.
Slice, serve and enjoy this citrus flavor loaded Lemon-Orange Pound Cake!
Make this cake today! You won’t regret it, I promise.
Our Italian Love Cake recipe will treat your tastebuds too!
Lemon Orange Pound Cake Recipe
Lemon-Orange Pound Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup whole buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 12-cup Bundt pan with non-stick baking spray. (or butter and flour)
- In a medium-size bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Cream the granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to butter mixture in 4 additions, beginning and ending with flour, beating until blended after each addition.
- Blend in the vanilla extract, lemon extract, lemon zest, and orange zest.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan; smooth top. Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack 20 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on the rack.
Prepare the Lemon-Orange Glaze:
- Whisk together powdered sugar, fresh lemon and orange juices in a bowl until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the cake allowing it to drip down sides. Let stand until set, about 20 minutes. Garnish with thin lemon or orange slices, if desired.