A slow cooker makes boiled peanuts super easy to make! A warm, salty, tender-boiled peanut is the perfect snack for any occasion!
Hot boiled peanuts are a traditional southern snack. Now, they aren’t for everyone. You either like them or you don’t.
My daughter and I love boiled peanuts but my husband won’t even think about eating one. To each their own, right?
Why You’ll Love This
Crock pot boiled peanuts is a hands-off easier way to make them. A warm, salty, tender boiled peanut is the perfect snack for any occasion!
Serve these spicy boiled peanuts at a party. Just turn the slow cooker to the warm setting and forget about keeping them hot!
- Peanuts – Use raw in-the-shell peanuts. Both green and regular raw peanuts work.
- Seasonings – Salt and creole seasoning. This is a cajun boiled peanuts recipe but if you like you can use just salt and omit the creole seasoning. I would up the salt to your taste.
Tips and Variations
- Use a slow cooker liner for easy cleanup!
- Use raw peanuts for this recipe. If you can only find raw dried peanuts soak them overnight in cool water before placing them in the slow cooker. Dried peanuts will take much longer to cook if not soaked first.
- Feel free to spice the boiled peanuts any way you wish. Use Old Bay seasoning, crab boil, hot sauce, garlic, jalapenos, or red pepper flakes.
- Be sure to check the water level from time to time.
How to Make Slow Cooker Boiled Peanuts
I feel the slow cooking method for boiled peanuts is way easier. No need for a large pot with gallons of water. No need to stand around forever waiting to bring it to a boil. And you don’t have to watch them as closely.
Rinse the peanuts in cold water, drain and place them in the crock pot. Add the kosher salt, cajun seasoning, and water.
Stir to combine, and place the lid on a cook on low for 20-24 hours. This is where programmable slow cookers come in handy!
Periodically check the water level to make sure they are covered.
After 20 hours check for desired tenderness.
The cooking time might need to be extended to up to 24 hours for the peanuts to cook through.
Drain the liquid from the peanuts and discard.
Serve and enjoy these simple yet tasty slow cooker boiled peanuts!
Soaking the peanuts ensures they will soften while cooking.
That’s a personal preference. Typically they are served warm but they can be eaten cold too.
Store the peanuts in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. If they last that long!
Other Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Roasted Chicken
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef
- Slow Cooker Lentil Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Pizza
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chex Mix
Slow Cooker Boiled Peanuts Recipe
- 2 lbs raw green peanuts
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Creole seasoning
- 10-12 cups water (enough to cover)
- Rinse the peanuts in cold water and place them into the crock of the slow cooker.
- Add the other ingredients and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 20 to 24 hours.
- Discard liquid and store the peanuts in an airtight container in the refrigerator.