Slow cooker roasted chicken will become one of your new favorite meals! It’s easy to prep, set, and cook. No-fuss, no muss! This is a great recipe for those busy days!
Slow cooking chicken in the slow cooker creates a super moist, tender and juicy whole chicken.
You can prep this chicken in no time flat before you leave for work. Or better yet, prepare it the night before and place the bowl in the fridge.
When you wake up the next morning, remove it from the fridge. I like the insert of the slow cooker to warm to room temperature before placing it in the unit to cook. So I pull it out and place it on the counter to come to room temperature while I’m scrambling around in the fridge for the cream to put in my first cup of coffee.
Try our easy Turkey Tetrazzini!
Slow Cooker Roasted Chicken Video
How To Make A Rotisserie-Style Chicken In The Crock Pot
Place a few small balls of aluminum foil on the bottom of the crock. So the chicken isn’t sitting in its own juices while cooking.
Check out our amazing Smoked Chicken Wings!
Mix spices in a small bowl. (I use this steak seasoning)
Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Rub the seasoning mix all over the outside and inside of the chicken. Put the chicken breast-side up in the crock.
Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or cook on high for 4-5 hours until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. (Cooking time can vary not all slow cookers are the same.)
Couldn’t be easier, right?
If you like crispy skin you can carefully place the chicken on a baking sheet. Put the chicken in the oven under the broiler to crisp up the skin, if desired.
Carve, serve and enjoy this slow cooker roasted chicken!
Check out our Strawberry Shortcake!
Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken Recipe
Slow Cooker Roasted Chicken
- 5 lb whole chicken (insides removed)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- aluminum foil, or thickly-sliced onions or vegetables
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the paprika, steak seasoning, salt, pepper until combined. Rub the seasoning mix all over the outside and inside of the chicken.
- Roll up a few small balls of aluminum foil place them on the bottom of your slow cooker bowl to serve as a “rack” for the chicken, so that it doesn’t cook in the juices that will accumulate in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the chicken on top of the aluminum foil (or veggies). Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the slow cooker, it could be so tender it will fall apart.