Easy cold shrimp dip is the perfect appetizer or snack. Thick, creamy, and full of shrimp flavor.
It’s quick and easy to make for your next gathering. You will come home with an empty bowl guaranteed! Definitely a crowd-pleaser!
Easy Shrimp Dip Recipe
My biggest tip here is if using frozen shrimp, thaw on paper towels and change the towels a few times once they are soaked. Believe me, it makes a huge difference in the “fresh” taste of frozen shrimp.
- Cooked shrimp – Small salad-size shrimp is what we use, not canned shrimp. If you can only find larger shrimp, just chop shrimp into bite-size pieces.
- Cream cheese and mayonnaise – For the best results use full-fat versions.
- Pimento cheese – Try omitting the pimento cheese and adding in some chili sauce.
- Horseradish – Adds a spicy note.
- Old Bay Seasoning – Or you could use Cajun seasoning.
- Green onions and celery – Diced small for texture.
How to Make Cold Shrimp Dip
In a large bowl, place the peeled and deveined shrimp, cream cheese, mayonnaise, pimento cheese, horseradish, green onion, celery, lemon juice, and Old Bay seasoning.
Stir gently to combine all the ingredients thoroughly. Chill for at least one hour before serving.
Garnish with additional sliced green onions.
What Kind of Crackers Go with Shrimp Dip?
Serve with Ritz crackers (or any buttery cracker), wheat thins, corn chips, melba toast, or tortilla chips.
How Long Can You Keep Shrimp Dip?
This dip will keep about 2-3 days stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
We do not recommend freezing. This dip recipe is made with all dairy products that don’t fare well in the freezer.
Thick, creamy, and packed with flavor! This appetizer dip is always a hit at parties, game days, and holidays.
More Dip Recipes
Easy Cold Shrimp Dip Recipe
- 12 ounces cooked deveined salad shrimp, thawed and drained well (not the canned shrimp)
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup pimento cheese
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 green onions, diced small (green parts only)
- 1/2 cup celery, diced small
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- In a large bowl, place the shrimp, cream cheese, mayonnaise, pimento cheese, horseradish, green onion, celery, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning.
- Stir gently to combine all the ingredients thoroughly. Chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.