Easy & Quick Sausage Balls
Sausage balls are always a hit, right? I’m going to give you some tips to make them easier and quicker. They only require 3 ingredients, 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook. That’s what I call an easy recipe!
Use your stand mixer! That’s the trick to fast mixing. I thought if you can shred chicken in the stand mixer certainly this should make sausage balls a breeze. It does! I disliked having to hand mix them so much that I rarely made sausage balls. It took forever to make the ingredients combine enough to form a ball. The stand mixer whips them up in no time flat. It’s amazing! I will never make another sausage ball without my stand mixer…ever.
The next tip is to use a cookie scoop. Forming the balls is much faster with this handy tool.
Shred your own sharp cheddar. Pre-shredded cheese is coated with cellulose to prevent it from caking. Which can also keep your sausage balls from forming and sticking together properly. Use parchment paper to prevent sticking to the pan. That’s it, just a few simple tricks and you will make sausage balls more often.
I hope these tips help. My husband is now grateful I figured this out, yours will be too.
- 2 cups baking mix (Bisquick, Pioneer Brand)
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, regular or spicy
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on low speed until combined.
- Scoop equal portions using a cookie scoop onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE.