Firecracker chicken meatballs are the key to your next party, game day or gathering. Perfectly spicy, slightly sweet and tantalizingly sticky. My husband couldn’t get enough of these spicy chicken meatballs that pack a big punch of flavor.
Combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Combine the meatball ingredients. DO NOT OVER MIX. You don’t want a tough, dry meatball. Use a tablespoon cookie scoop to form the balls. Place them on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 11 – 12 minutes.
Bake an additional 2 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush them again with the remaining sauce.
Serve and bask in the praise from your guests!
Firecracker Chicken Meatballs - Sweet, savory, and spicy all in one bite. Perfect for appetizers or main dish!
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 475ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the ingredients for the firecracker sauce over medium-high heat, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, garlic, salt pepper, eggs, panko, cayenne pepper, paprika, and onion powder. Mix all the ingredients together. DO NOT OVERMIX, it will result in tough and dry meatballs.
- Shape the meat mixture into a ball, about 1 tablespoon of meat per ball. (I used a cookie dough scoop) Place shaped meatballs on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Brush each meatball with the sauce. Place back on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle or brush with remaining sauce, as desired.
Recipe inspired by Littlespicejar