Chicken parmesan meatballs are the perfect party finger food. These meatballs are full of all the flavors you find in regular chicken parmesan but are so much easier to make. Who doesn’t like finger food?
In our house, we are all about appetizer finger foods. We like to choose a movie and chow down on single-bite goodies. We love this great recipe for an easy chicken parm!
Why You’ll Love This
Perfect one-bite finger food for parties, holidays, football games, or any gathering! They are so full of chicken parmesan flavor you can’t eat just one.
- Ground Chicken – You can use ground chicken breast, thighs, or a mix.
- Parmesan Cheese – Grate your own Parmesan or Pecorino Romano, don’t use the stuff in the green can.
- Skip the prebagged shredded cheese! They contain preservatives that prevent clumping and don’t melt as well.
- Don’t overmix! This will make the meatballs tough and dry. Mix gently just until combined.
- Coating your hand in olive oil will help to keep them from sticking to your hands when rolling.
- Use a scoop to achieve more uniform balls.
- If you enjoy some heat try adding some crushed red pepper flakes.
So simple you can make these for a game day gathering or just a night in with the family.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic, onion, Italian seasoning, ground fennel seed, beaten egg, salt, and pepper. Mix well, do not over mix or you will have tough meatballs.
Using a 1 tablespoon scoop, portion out the meat mixture, roll into balls, and place on the lined baking sheet.
Bake for 15-18 minutes until lightly browned.
That’s it! Little nuggets chock full of Italian flavors. Just heat a jar of store-bought marinara sauce and serve on the side for dipping. Or you can throw the meatballs in the sauce and toss them to coat. Your choice.
I’m telling you baked chicken parmesan meatballs will be the hit of the party.
We served it on the side so everyone could choose if they wanted sauce or not. These chicken parmesan meatballs do not require any sauce. They are so delicious they stand on their own.
You are going to want to double this chicken parm meatballs recipe. Especially if you want any for yourself.
You can bake them, cool them to room temperature, place them on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan in a single layer, and freeze for about 1 hour or until hard. Then freeze in a freezer-safe container or bag for up to 2 months for best quality. To reheat thaw in the refrigerator, then reheat in a 350 degree F oven for about 10 minutes, or until heated through.
This is a chicken meatballs recipe, but you could try ground turkey.
Place leftovers in an air-tight container or resealable bag and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
More Delicious Meatball Recipes
- Recipe For Asian Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Easy Baked Parmesan Meatballs
- Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs Recipe
- 2 lbs ground chicken breast
- ¾ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- chopped fresh basil and grated Parmesan for garnish (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all listed ingredients except the marinara sauce. Mix well, do not over mix or you will have tough meatballs.
- Using a 1 tablespoon scoop, portion out meat mixture, roll into balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until lightly browned.
- Heat marinara sauce and serve on the side.
Recipe inspired by Dinner: A Love Story