This recipe for Asian meatballs is probably precisely what you’re looking for. Asian meatballs give you the spicy sweet stickiness that you’re craving. Perfectly tasty one-bite meatballs!
We have several versions of meatballs on this site. Each is delicious. And over the years, we have repeatedly made them as our cravings dictated.
What we always lacked, and craved, was an Asian-inspired meatball. You know the kind. A yummy sticky sauce with a perfect combination of that spiciness and sweetness.
Nailed it! These meatballs give you just that.
So if you want to mix up the standard meatball game, you need to try this one. To be honest, I probably ate too many during the ‘taste test’ portion of our recipe creation.
Who am I kidding, I know I did.
The Key Ingredients For Our Asian Meatballs
This recipe for Asian meatballs calls for some ingredients that you may or may not have in your pantry.
No worries, they can be found at your local grocery store. They’re not that off the wall that you won’t be able to find them.
- Ground pork – Ground pork is always a good option for a tender meatball. Sub ground beef if you like.
- Panko breadcrumbs – We prefer panko, but regular breadcrumbs will work just as well.
These last ingredients are the basis of great Asian flavor.
- Green onions
- Sesame oil
- Hoisin sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Soy sauce
- Asian chile-garlic sauce
- Fresh ginger
- Sesame seeds
How To Make Asian Meatballs
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, panko breadcrumbs, the egg, chopped green onions, salt, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, and 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger.
Mix with your hands gently until combined well. Form the pork mixture into small meatballs, approximately 1 inch in diameter.
Depending on the size, you should end up with 28 meatballs or very close to it.
Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake until cooked, approximately 25 minutes.
While the meatballs are cooking, add the hoisin sauce, chile-garlic sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil to a small mixing bowl.
Whisk well until combined and transfer to a small saucepan.
Cook on medium-high heat until it reaches a slow boil. Reduce to low for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
When meatballs are done, remove them from the oven. Coat each meatball with the sauce and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
Remove the meatballs from the oven.
Sprinkle the meatballs with sesame seeds and sliced green onion.
Serve hot with the remaining sauce for dipping.
These Asian meatballs are a perfect appetizer or finger food for game day or your next get-together.
They taste awesome and come together very quickly.
Other Meatball Recipes
- Easy Baked Parmesan Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Meatball Sliders Recipe
Asian Meatballs Recipe
- 1 lb Ground pork
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Green onions Chopped, plus a bit extra sliced for garnish
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil divided
- 1 cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Asian chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tsp Fresh ginger minced, or finely chopped, divided
- 1 Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, panko breadcrumbs, the egg, chopped green onions, salt, 1 tablespoon of sesame oi, and 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger.
- Mix with your hands gently until combined well.
- Form the pork mixture into small meatballs, approximately 1 inch in diameter.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake until cooked, approximately 25 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking add the hoisin sauce, chili-garlic sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil to a small sauce pan.
- Cook on medium-high heat until it reaches a slow boil. Reduce to low for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- When meatballs are done, remove from the oven. Coat each meatball with the sauce and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven.
- Sprinkle the meatballs with sesame seeds and sliced green onion.
- Serve hot with remaining sauce.