Easy creamy turkey tetrazzini is the perfect way to use leftover turkey.
Don’t know what to do with all the turkey leftover from Thanksgiving or Christmas? This is the leftover turkey recipe for you!
No canned soups in this turkey tetrazzini, it’s all from scratch. Tastes 100 times better!
Easy Creamy Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe
First, chop the leftover turkey into bitesize pieces and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350º.
In a large pot of salted water boil the spaghetti al dente. You can also use egg noodles if you like.
Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute onions until tender 5-10 minutes.
Add the garlic and saute another minute or two. Add the butter to the pan, once melted whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
Whisk in the turkey stock, milk, nutmeg, pepper, and salt. Cook and whisk until it comes to a boil and starts to thicken.
Stir in 1 1/4 cups of Parmesan cheese and remove from the heat.
I highly recommend making your own turkey stock from the remaining turkey carcass. It gives this dish so much more turkey flavor. This is the key to a flavorful dish. But you can use chicken stock.
Stir the turkey, cream sauce, and sweet peas into the drained noodles.
Pour into the casserole dish.
Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly.
Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired. Who doesn’t love a good pasta casserole for those cold winter nights?
Easy Creamy Turkey Tetrazzini is a classic comfort food leftover turkey recipe.
My husband and I loved this recipe!
Easy Creamy Turkey Tetrazzini
- 8 oz spaghetti uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups turkey stock or chicken
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 3/4 cups Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 2 cups cooked turkey chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×9 baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, and place back in the pot.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute onions until tender 5-10 minutes. Add the garlic and saute another minute or two. Add the butter to the pan, once melted whisk in the flour, and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the turkey stock, milk, nutmeg, pepper, and salt. Cook and whisk until it comes to a boil and starts to thicken. Stir in 1 1/4 cups of Parmesan cheese and remove from the heat.
- Stir the turkey, peas and cream mixture into the cooked spaghetti.
- Pour into the baking dish, spread out evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving.