This easy Mediterranean dip comes together so quickly you will bring it to all your gatherings. It’s layered with healthy hummus, sour cream, tomato, cucumber, roasted red pepper, feta cheese, Kalamata olives, and green onions. What’s not to like about those ingredients? A fresh and flavorful hummus dip that everyone will love.
Easy Mediterranean Dip
How to make a hummus and feta cheese layered dip
Seriously, this Mediterranean dip is so quick to make you will keep the ingredients on hand all the time. Simply spread a 10-ounce container of your favorite hummus evenly over the bottom of an 8×8 square baking dish. Our favorite is roasted red pepper hummus. Next, dollop the sour cream over the top of the hummus and gently spread it evenly.
You can certainly use Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream, it’s just not palatable in our house.
Sprinkle the diced tomatoes in an even layer. Next do the same with the diced cucumber, roasted red pepper, kalamata olives, feta cheese, parsley (optional), and green onions.
Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. This dip is easily adjustable to your taste. Choose your favorite hummus and omit or add your desired fresh vegetables.
I use grape tomatoes but if you use a regular tomato or Roma I suggest deseeding it first. I also use mini cucumbers that don’t need seeding. But I would deseed regular large cucumbers. There will be a little natural water from the fresh vegetables.
Serve this Easy Mediterranean Dip with pita chips, crackers, or fresh vegetables.
You will be asked to bring this layered dip for every party or gathering. It’s not just for summer, bring to a tailgate or football party!
Easy Mediterranean Dip Recipe
Easy Mediterranean Dip
- 1 10-ounce container of hummus your favorite flavor (we roasted red pepper)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, diced
- 1-2 green onions, diced (green parts only)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In the bottom of an 8x8-inch square shallow dish spread the hummus in an even layer. (or similar)
- Dollop the sour cream over the top, then gently spread to create the next layer.
- Sprinkle the tomato, cucumber, roasted red pepper, feta cheese, and Kalamata olives over the top in individual layers. Sprinkle with green onions and fresh parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate for about one hour.
- Serve with pita chips, your favorite crackers, and/or fresh vegetables.
We do our best to give you nutritional information as correct as possible. Please feel free to calculate for yourself.
More Delicious Recipes