This easy Mediterranean dip comes together so quickly you will bring it to all your gatherings. It’s layered with healthy hummus, sour cream, tomato, cucumber, roasted red pepper, feta cheese, Kalamata olives, and green onions.
Why You’ll Love This
It’s a harmonious blend of creamy, fresh, tangy, and savory flavors all in one bite!
A fresh and flavorful hummus dip that everyone will love.
A perfect summer entertaining appetizer dish that’s sure to please a crowd.
Seriously, this Mediterranean dip is so quick to make you will keep the ingredients on hand all the time.
You will be asked to bring this layered dip for every party or gathering. It’s not just for summer; bring it to a tailgate or football party!
The Mediterranean flavors pop in this easy appetizer recipe.
See the recipe card below for a complete list of ingredients and how to prepare the recipe.
- Dip Base – You can use your favorite prepared hummus or make your own using our Homemade Hummus Recipe. You will also need sour cream. You can certainly use plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream; it’s just not palatable in our house.
- Toppings – Grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes), roasted red peppers, Kalamata olives, Persian cucumber (or English cucumber), feta cheese, green onions, and fresh parsley.
How to Make Easy Mediterranean Dip
Spread hummus over the bottom of an 8×8 square serving dish. Our favorite is a store-bought roasted red pepper hummus.
Next, dollop the sour cream over the top of the hummus and gently spread it evenly.
Sprinkle the diced tomatoes in an even layer.
Next, do the same with the diced cucumbers, tomatoes, roasted red pepper, kalamata olives, crumbled feta cheese, parsley (optional), and green onions.
Cover and place it in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Serve this seven-layer dip with pita chips, crackers, tortilla chips, or fresh vegetables. Or, if you really want to up the ante, make our quick and delicious pita chips!
- Choose block feta cheese in brine and crumble it yourself. Block feta packed in brine is more creamy and moist.
- You can use red onion instead of green onions if you prefer a stronger onion flavor.
- Black olives can be used instead of kalamata olives.
- I use grape tomatoes, but if you use a regular tomato or Roma, I suggest deseeding it first.
- I also use mini cucumbers that don’t need seeding. But I would deseed regular large cucumbers. There will be a little natural water from the fresh vegetables that will make the dip watery and runny.
- This Mediterranean dip recipe is easily adjustable to your taste. Choose your favorite hummus and omit or add your desired fresh vegetables, such as tapenade, sundried tomatoes, or artichoke hearts.,
- You can add more flavor by sprinkling cumin, sumac, or zaatar over the hummus layer.
This dish is best served soon after assembling, so I would only make it a couple of hours prior to serving. But you can prep the vegetables and store them separately in airtight containers in the fridge until ready to assemble.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 4 days. The fresh vegetables will start to weep some of their natural juices, which can make the dip watery.
Easy Mediterranean Dip Recipe
- 1 10-ounce container of hummus your favorite flavor (we use roasted red pepper)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, diced
- 1-2 green onions, diced (green parts only)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In the bottom of an 8×8-inch square shallow dish spread the hummus in an even layer. (or similar)1 10-ounce container of hummus
- Dollop the sour cream over the top, then gently spread to create the next layer.1/2 cup sour cream
- Sprinkle the tomato, cucumber, roasted red pepper, feta cheese, and Kalamata olives over the top in individual layers. Sprinkle with green onions and fresh parsley.1/2 cup grape tomatoes, diced, 1/2 cup cucumber, diced, 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, diced, 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, diced, 1-2 green onions, diced, 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Cover and refrigerate for about one hour.
- Serve with pita chips, your favorite crackers, and/or fresh vegetables.