Black bean taco dip is a perfect layer dip for any game day event! Better yet anytime you want really tasty finger food.
This easy taco dip is good hot or cold. So if you are transporting it to an event it won’t matter if it can’t be heated. It will still be very tasty!
Why You’ll Love This
This layered taco dip simple and easy party layered taco dip that is ready in minutes! A guaranteed hit at any BBQ, party, or gathering!
- Refried Black Beans – We use black beans because we like the flavor better than regular refried beans.
- Cream Cheese and Sour Cream – These are for the cool and creamy layer of classic taco dip.
- Seasonings – This recipe uses a taco seasoning mix and garlic for the standard taco flavor.
- You can lighten up this taco dip recipe by using low fat cream cheese and sour cream. It won’t be as rich and creamy but it will still work.
- Add some shredded lettuce.
- If you don’t like tomatillo salsa verde use taco sauce.
- The topping combinations are almost endless. Choose your favorite!
How to Make Refried Black Bean Taco Dip
Spread the can of refried black beans in a 9×9 oven-safe baking dish that will also double as the serving dish so make it fun and pretty.
In a medium bowl mix the softened cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, and taco seasoning.
Spread the mixture evenly over the black beans. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese evenly on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
While the dip is baking prep all your toppings.
Remove the baked taco dip from the oven and top with the diced tomatoes, green onions, jalapenos, cilantro, black olives, and tomatillo salsa.
If you like, prepare extra toppings to serve on the side.
Dip a tortilla chip in and enjoy!
Make sure the lettuce is completely dry. You will also want to remove the seed from the tomatoes.
Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The topping will start to wilt and weep after a few days.
More Dip Recipes
Layered Black Bean Taco Dip
- 16 oz Refried Black Beans 1 can
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Taco seasoning mix
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2.25 oz pitted black olives, sliced 1 small can
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 2 Green Onions, diced
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Tomatillo Salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread the refried beans in a square 9×9 oven safe dish.16 oz Refried Black Beans
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, garlic and taco seasoning.8 oz Cream Cheese, softened, 1 cup Sour Cream, 1 clove Garlic, minced, 2 tablespoons Taco seasoning mix
- Mix well with electric mixer.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top of refried beans.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of cream cheese mixture.3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle olives, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, jalapeno and tomatillo salsa on top.1 Jalapeno, seeded and diced, 2.25 oz pitted black olives, sliced, 2 Roma Tomatoes, diced, 2 Green Onions, diced, 1/4 – 1/2 cup Tomatillo Salsa, 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Serve hot or room temperature with Tortilla Chips