Layered Black Bean Taco Dip
Black bean taco dip is a perfect layer dip for any game day event! Better yet, anytime you want really tasty finger food.
Why You’ll Love This
This easy taco dip is good hot or cold. So if you are transporting it to an event, it won’t matter if it can’t be heated. It will still be delicious!
This is a simple and easy party layered taco dip that is ready in minutes! A guaranteed hit at any BBQ, party, or gathering!
Some of our other favorite party recipes are fire roasted salsa, jalapeno popper cheese ball, spinach dip from scratch, smoked chicken wings, and fresh herb dip for veggies.
- Refried Black Beans – We use black beans because we like the flavor better than regular ones. Or use our homemade black bean dip.
- Cream Cheese and Sour Cream – These are for the cool and creamy layer of classic taco dip. You will need 8 oz of cream cheese softened and 1 cup of sour cream.
- Seasonings – This recipe uses a taco seasoning mix and garlic for the standard taco flavor.
- Toppings – Shredded sharp cheddar cheese, fresh jalapeno, Roma tomatoes, black olives, green onions, tomatillo salsa, and fresh cilantro.
How to Make Black Bean Taco Dip
Spread the can of refried black beans in a 9×9 oven-safe baking dish that will also double as the serving dish, so make it fun and pretty.
In a medium bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, and taco seasoning.
Spread the mixture evenly over the black beans. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese evenly on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
While the dip is baking, prep all your toppings.
Remove the baked taco dip from the oven and top with the diced tomatoes, green onions, jalapenos, cilantro, black olives, and tomatillo salsa.
If you like, prepare extra toppings to serve on the side.
Dip a tortilla chip in and enjoy!
How to Serve
Serve this layered black bean taco dip with your favorite tortilla chips, corn chips, or your favorite sliced vegetables such as bell peppers, celery, and carrots.
- Prep the toppings while the dip is baking.
- Shred your own cheese. The pre-shredded cheese is coated in cellulose, and it won’t melt as well.
- If you are transporting this dip to a gathering, you can reserve the toppings in separate containers and spread them over the dip when ready to serve.
- You can lighten up this taco dip recipe by using low-fat cream cheese and sour cream. It won’t be as rich and creamy, but it will still work.
- Add some shredded Romaine lettuce.
- Add a layer of guacamole. Mash a ripe avocado with fresh lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- If you don’t like tomatillo salsa verde, use taco sauce.
- The topping combinations are almost endless. Choose your favorite!
Make sure the lettuce (if used) is completely dry. Use Roma tomatoes because they are less watery. You can remove the seeds from the tomatoes or place the diced tomatoes in a fine mesh strainer to drain.
This dip is best served fresh. Any leftovers should be covered tightly or placed in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The topping will start to wilt and weep after a few days.
More Dip Recipes
Layered Black Bean Taco Dip
- 16 oz Refried Black Beans 1 can
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Taco seasoning mix
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2.25 oz pitted black olives, sliced 1 small can
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 2 Green Onions, diced
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Tomatillo Salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread the refried beans in a square 9×9 oven safe dish.16 oz Refried Black Beans
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, garlic and taco seasoning.8 oz Cream Cheese, softened, 1 cup Sour Cream, 1 clove Garlic, minced, 2 tablespoons Taco seasoning mix
- Mix well with electric mixer.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top of refried beans.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of cream cheese mixture.3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle olives, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, jalapeno and tomatillo salsa on top.1 Jalapeno, seeded and diced, 2.25 oz pitted black olives, sliced, 2 Roma Tomatoes, diced, 2 Green Onions, diced, 1/4 – 1/2 cup Tomatillo Salsa, 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Serve hot or room temperature with Tortilla Chips
This is perfect! Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you taking the time to party with us! I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm, so we get to see your fabulous new creations. The party goes until Friday at 7 pm. Happy Sunday! Lou Lou Girls