This fresh, crisp cucumber radish salad with a light citrus dressing is a quick and easy healthy side dish for any summer meal. Serve it with almost any of your favorite grilled proteins.
Cucumber Radish Salad
This salad is light and refreshing perfect for serving during those warm summer months! Peppery radishes pair perfectly with cool cucumbers and crunchy celery!
AND it’s low carb/keto for those counting the carbs.
I’m not a big fan of those cucumber salad recipes with sour cream or mayonnaise-based dressings. So this fresh lemon vinaigrette is perfect!
- Cucumber -English or Baby
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon
- Fresh dill
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Pecorino Romano cheese
English, or also known as hot-house cucumbers, are great for salad recipes because they are seedless. So more crunchy cucumber meat and less water from the seeds. English cucumbers have thinner edible skin, so you don’t have to peel them.
How to Make Cucumber Radish Salad
In a small mason jar combine the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh ground black pepper, and salt. Shake to combine and set aside for the flavors to develop.
Wash and thinly slice the vegetables. They should be about 1/4-inch in thickness. If you slice them too thin they will become limp and soggy. A mandoline works great for this but I do suggest you hand slice the radishes.
Place the celery, radishes, and cucumbers in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the chopped fresh dill over the top.
If you don’t have fresh dill you can use 1 teaspoon of dried dill. If you don’t like dill try replacing it with fresh mint or basil.
Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and toss to evenly coat.
Plate and sprinkle the shredded Pecorino Romano cheese and additional salt and pepper.
This salad is best served immediately. If you need to make it in advance just slice the vegetables and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Mix the dressing and keep them separate until ready to serve.
Feel free to add some of your other favorite salad additions such as green onions, red onions, or even some crumbled feta.
What to Serve with Radish Salad
- Best Ever Grilled Chicken Marinade
- The Best Keto Grilled Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Orange Rosemary Chicken Kebabs
- Filipino Pork Kebabs (Pinoy)
- Garlic Herb Beef Top Round Roast
- Double Bone-In Smoked Pork Chops
Easy Salad Recipes
- Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Fresh Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- Homemade Greek Salad
- Broccoli Salad
Cucumber Radish Salad Recipe
- 1 large English cucumber
- 6 large Radishes
- 3 medium Celery stalks and leaves
- 1 tbsp Fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Flaky sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- In a small mason jar combine the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh ground pepper, and salt. Shake to combine and set aside for the flavors to develop.
- Wash and thinly slice the vegetables. They should be about 1/4-inch in thickness.
- Place the sliced cucumber, radishes, and celery in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the chopped fresh dill over the top.
- Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and toss to evenly coat.
- Plate and sprinkle the shredded Pecorino Romano cheese and additional flaky sea salt, and fresh cracked pepper to taste.