Fresh tomato mozzarella salad is a light no-cook meal or side dish perfect during the summer months.
Loaded with ripe, juicy, flavor-popping tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and fresh basil. The light vinaigrette dressing makes all those fresh flavors come alive.
Are you bored with the basic green salad? The colors of this salad are sure to impress!
Try our Greek Salad!
Fresh Tomato Mozzarella Salad
How to Make a Tomato Mozzarella Salad
In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
There are many summer tomato varieties to choose from use different colored ones to make this dish really pop! Just look at that deep red tomato shining like a star!
You choose either grape or cherry tomatoes, or both.
If some of your tomatoes are on the larger size you can slice in half, which is what I did with these mini Kumato and Zima tomatoes. Otherwise, leave them whole.
Slice the fresh mozzarella cheese balls in half, chop the basil and fresh parsley.
Place the mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, and parsley a large bowl and toss to combine.
Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and gently toss until coated evenly.
Let the salad sit for at least 15-20 minutes before serving. You want the dressing to marinate the tomatoes and mozzarella.
Serve and enjoy this colorful, healthy dish!
Check our our Chicken Salad recipe! No nuts or fruit!
Cherry Tomato Mozzarella Salad Recipe
Fresh Tomato Mozzarella Salad Recipe
- 1 pint Mini Kumato tomatoes
- 1 pint Zima tomatoes (yellow)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 12 oz fresh mozzarella – Bocconcini or Ciliegine ( small round mozzarella balls)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt coarse
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper fresh ground
- Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice larger tomatoes in half. I used a combination of different tomatoes. But use whatever you like. Slice mozzarella balls in half. You want tomatoes and mozzarella to be similar in size. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the parsley and basil to the tomatoes and mozzarella, gently toss until combined.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and gently toss to coat evenly.
- Let sit 15 minutes before serving so the flavors combine.