Healthy marinated fresh vegetable salad is ideal for everyday casual dining or outdoor entertaining. Quick and easy to prepare ahead. A perfect balance of fresh flavors and textures, it’s one of my personal favs! Healthy, crunchy, fresh vegetables tossed in a vinaigrette make this salad recipe ideal for your 4th of July gathering.
Healthy Marinated Fresh Vegetable Salad
Prep the tomatoes, broccoli, bell pepper, carrots, and cauliflower. Toss them in a large mixing bowl.
Add the vinaigrette ingredients to a jar with a tight-fitting lid or small mixing bowl and shake or whisk to combine. Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss to coat evenly.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
A cool, crisp, and refreshing side dish for any meal, summer barbecue, picnic, or gathering.
Your kids might actually eat their vegetables with this salad on the menu.
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups carrots, sliced into bite-size pieces (2-3 medium carrots)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces red or orange will also work)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Add the vegetables to a large bowl.
To make the vinaigrette
Add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, chives, dry mustard, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until combined. (you can also whisk these ingredients in a small bowl)
Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables, toss to coat evenly.
Cover and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight. (overnight is best)
More Delicious Recipes
Recipe inspired by IowaGirlEats