Healthy marinated fresh vegetable salad is ideal for everyday casual dining or outdoor entertaining. Quick and easy to prepare ahead.
A perfect balance of fresh flavors and textures, it’s one of my personal favs! Healthy, crunchy, fresh vegetables tossed in a vinaigrette make this salad recipe ideal for your 4th of July gathering.
Try our Shrimp Salad recipe!
Healthy Marinated Fresh Vegetable Salad
Prep the cherry tomatoes, broccoli, bell pepper, carrots, and cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
Place the veggies a large bowl and toss to combine.
Add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, chives, dry mustard, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid or a small bowl. Shake or whisk the dressing ingredients until combined.
Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss to coat evenly.
Cover and refrigerate. Please allow 24 hours for the flavors to combine and marinate the vegetables.
With that said, you can serve after a minimum of 4 hours but I promise you the wait is worth it.
A cool, crisp, and refreshing side dish for any meal, summer barbecue, picnic, or gathering.
Check out our tasty Grilled Mexican Street Corn Salad recipe!
We love this salad!
Your kids might actually eat their vegetables with this recipe on the menu. Plus its also gluten-free and vegan! Another great salad is our Cucumber Radish Salad. Take a look!
Wanna be bad? Check out our Strawberry Shortcake!
Raw Vegetable Salad Recipe
Healthy Marinated Fresh Vegetable Salad Recipe
For the salad:
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups carrots, sliced into bite-size pieces (2-3 medium carrots)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces red or orange will also work)
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Add the vegetables to a large bowl.
- To make the vinaigrette
- Add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, chives, dry mustard, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until combined. (you can also whisk these ingredients in a small bowl)
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables, toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight. (overnight is best)
Recipe inspired by IowaGirlEats