Grilled Mexican street corn salad is loaded with a tantalizing mix of sweet, savory, smoky and spicy flavors.
This salad is so good you will want to make it all the time. Easy to make and even easier to devour!
Need to bring a dish to a potluck or barbecue? This will make you the hit of the party.
Try our Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad recipe!
Grilled Mexican Street Corn Salad
Turn that favorite grilled corn on the cob into a salad with a kick of heat!
Simply grill the ears of corn on the cob and the jalapenos.
Slice the kernels off of the grilled corn into a large bowl. The easiest way to do this without losing a finger is to place a small bowl upside down into a big bowl. Place the corn cob on the small bowl and slice down the kernels.
Dice up the jalapenos. This is where you control the heat, leave the seeds and ribs of the jalapenos for extra spicy goodness. Or remove them for a less spicy bite.
Add the chopped green onions and parsley.
In a separate small bowl whisk the mayonnaise, garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
Check out our Strawberry Shortcake recipe!
Pour the dressing over the corn mixture and stir to combine.
Add the crumbled Cotija cheese and stir gently to incorporate.
This salad is a perfect side dish for almost any meal. Great for barbecues!
Check out our Shrimp Salad!
Street Corn Recipe
Grilled Mexican Street Corn Salad Recipe
- 8 ears fresh corn on the cob
- 2 fresh jalapenos
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4-5 green onions, diced (we used green tops only)
- 1 cup Cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the grill to 400ºF.
- Grill the corn and jalapenos for 15-20 minutes, turning frequently, until lightly charred.
- Carefully cut the corn off the cobs into a large bowl. Chop and seed (if desired) the grilled jalapenos and toss in the bowl with the corn.
- Add the cilantro and green onions.
- In a small bowl mix the dressing ingredients. Pour over the corn mixture and toss to combine.
- Add the Cotija cheese and gently toss to incorporate.
- Serve warm, room temperature or cold.