Carne Asada Street Tacos
Street tacos are AMAZING! If you have never eaten one you must give this a try. My husband has raved about these for years. He wanted to try and make them ourselves. So easy, I mean really really easy!
If you are lucky enough to have a Hispanic market or grocery near you it is a MUST that you purchase fresh corn tortillas. It makes a huge difference.
You cannot even begin to compare fresh tortillas to the prepacked store-purchased tortillas.
Marinate the steak for a few hours. Chop cilantro, onions, and lime wedges.
Cook the steak quickly, warm the tortillas and serve!
Street Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound Flank or skirt steak
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Orange juice
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 4 – 5 Garlic cloves, cracked
- Place the flank steak in a large plastic storage bag
- In a small bowl mix olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper. Pour over meat in the bag and refrigerate for few hours. (we marinated for 2 hours)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill for 3-5 minutes per side. During the last few minutes, place the tortillas on the grill to lightly char them.
- Remove cooked steak from the grill, and thinly slice against the grain.
You might also like:
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken – this recipe is AMAZING! It’s so loaded with flavor and is perfect for tacos, burritos, salads, nachos, etc.