Crispy oven-roasted fingerling potatoes are easy, delicious, and always a crowd pleaser! No peeling or major chopping. Just wash, slice in half, season, and then bake. Super easy peasy.
Perfectly crispy potatoes that are simple enough to make any night of the week. Even fancy enough to serve to dinner guests.
You will see all types of fingerling potatoes at the grocery store. They come in golden, red, purple, yellow, and even mixed like what I used.
What You’ll Need
- Fingerling potatoes – Fingerling potatoes have a thin skin, so there is no need to peel them.
- Olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper – The only seasonings you will need!
You can try different flavorings such as rosemary or thyme. Add some fresh minced garlic or garlic powder.
How to Cook Crispy Oven Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
Give them a good wash.
Mix olive oil, coarse sea salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
Dry the potatoes. Slice in half lengthwise, and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and seasonings. Toss the potatoes to coat evenly.
Place on a baking sheet pan in a single layer. (I used 2 pans for 3 pounds of potatoes.) Roast for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft in the middle and crispy on the outside.
This made a lot but you are going to need them because they disappear fast! This is also the perfect side dish for a dinner party.
Store leftover potatoes in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in a 400-degree oven, covered in aluminum foil for about 10 minutes.
Crispy Oven Roasted Fingerling Potatoes Recipe
- 3 pounds fingerling Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse Sea Salt
- Several Fresh Pepper grinds to taste to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Scrub the potatoes, slice in half lengthwise, dry thoroughly and place in a large bowl
- Mix olive oil, coarse sea salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub salt and oil mixture into potatoes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 35 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are soft in the middle and crusted on the outside.
Adapted from 5dollardinners