Queso dip is our go-to at our favorite Mexican restaurant. No need to go out just make it at home.
Queso Blanco, cheese dip, queso dip, cheese sauce, or whatever you prefer to call it. So simple to make with very few ingredients. A great recipe for any party or gathering.
Try our Ceviche!
White Queso Dip
You would think they used white cheddar, right? Nope! It just doesn’t melt right for a Queso dip and tends to be oily. So white American cheese to the rescue!
There is no cream cheese, Velveeta, or evaporated milk in this recipe!
In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat add the white American cheese, 1/2 cup of milk, butter, green chilies, pickled jalapenos, cumin, garlic, and cayenne.
Warm gently until the cheese is melted and combined, stirring frequently. You made need to add another 1/4 cup of milk to achieve the desired consistency. ( we used a total of 3/4 cup)
This process takes some time so just be patient and stir often.
Check out our Street Tacos!
Ooey, gooey, delicious restaurant-style queso dip at home. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Who doesn’t love cheese dip? It’s great for game day parties or Tex Mex night in. Skip the pre-made grocery store stuff and make your own!
Try our Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Verde.
Homemade Queso Dip Recipe
Queso Dip Recipe
- 1 pound white American cheese
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup milk (maybe more if you want it thinner)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 oz green chilies (1 can)
- 3-4 pickled jalapeno peppers – chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat.
- Heat until melted – stirring frequently.
- Add more milk if you like it thinner.
- Serve immediately with chips.