Queso dip is our favorite go-to at a Mexican restaurant. No need to go out just make it at home.
It’s so simple with very few ingredients. A great recipe for any party or gathering.
White Queso Dip
There is no cream cheese, Velveeta, or evaporated milk in this recipe!
In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat add the white American cheese, 3/4 cup of milk, butter, green chilies, jalapenos, cumin, garlic, and cayenne. Warm gently until the cheese is melted and combined, stirring frequently.
This process takes some time so just be patient and stir often.
Ooey, gooey, delicious restaurant-style cheese dip at home. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Who doesn’t love cheese dip? It’s great for game day parties or Tex Mex night in.
Try our Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Verde.
Homemade Queso Dip Recipe
- 1 pound white American cheese
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup milk (maybe more if you want it thinner)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 oz green chilies (1 can)
- 3-4 pickled jalapeno peppers – chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat.
- Heat until melted – stirring frequently.
- Add more milk if you like it thinner.
- Serve immediately with chips.