The best ever grilled chicken marinade recipe by far!
For years we used Dale’s Steak Seasoning and then switched to Moore’s Original Marinade for the lower sodium content.
I would mix those marinades with bottled Italian dressing and just go with it. Why not make a homemade version, right?
Please don’t let the ingredient list frighten you away. I PROMISE this is the best marinade you will ever try and it’s super easy.
It is 100 times better than any store-bought kind.
Try our Smoked Chicken Wings!
Best Ever Grilled Chicken Marinade Video
Best Ever Grilled Chicken Marinade
This marinade imparts the ultimate flavor experience and produces a juicy tender piece of grilled chicken.
We grill year-round and this chicken was planned for our lunches. Every week I make a large salad to keep in the fridge.
It’s lunch for me most days. But my husband has to be coaxed to eat salad on a regular basis.
Well, this week he actually asked for salads with grilled chicken for his lunches. (We’ll see how long this lasts.)
Just whisk the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour over the chicken (usually about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds of chicken) and marinate for a minimum of 1 hour.
We usually go for 3-4 hours of marinating the chicken.
We also like cutting the chicken breasts into strips. It’s also a great recipe for chicken thighs.
This infuses more marinade flavor and allows for more grilled crispiness (my favorite part) on the chicken pieces.
If you like, reserve some of the marinade in a separate bowl to baste the chicken while grilling.
Grill the chicken 3-6 minutes per side. This will depend on the thickness of the chicken. Do NOT overcook! Cook to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. No one likes dry chicken.
Serve and enjoy! This marinade also works great for pork too.
Best Ever Chicken Marinade Recipe
Best Ever Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl whisk all the marinade ingredients together.
- Place the chicken in a zip bag or covered container, pour the marinade over and mix the marinade around to cover evenly.
- Marinate at least 1 hour but 2-4 hours is preferred.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat about 375-425 degrees F.
- Grill the chicken 3-6 minutes each side until cooked through. Chicken should be at 165 degrees F at its thickest part.
If you’re not a thyme kind of person just omit.