Turkey burgers with mushroom gravy recipe is yet another quick weeknight meal. It’s basically Turkey Salisbury steak. A little healthier version of classic Salisbury Steak.
I used prepacked frozen turkey patties that I thawed in the refrigerator while I was at work.
There are no bread crumbs or onion soup mix in this recipe, which keeps it healthier and low carb.
- Ground turkey – This is turkey burgers (Turkey Salisbury Steaks) I wouldn’t use any other ground meat.
- Fresh mushrooms – We always like to use cremini mushrooms but button mushrooms will work too.
- Onion, green onions, and garlic
- Dried thyme, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper – For seasoning.
- Plain yogurt – Or you can substitute sour cream.
- Heavy cream – Or you can substitute half and half, it just won’t be as rich and creamy.
How to Make Turkey Burgers with Mushroom Gravy
In the large mixing bowl add ground turkey and season it with salt and pepper. Form into round or oval patties. If using the premade patties just sprinkle the seasoning on both sides.
Cook the turkey patties in a large skillet with a few tablespoons of olive oil. It’s done when it is golden on the outside, and the internal temperature of the turkey patty is at least 165° F. (Use an instant-read thermometer.) Remove the patties to a plate.
In the saute pan, add butter and let the butter slightly melt.
Add chopped scallions, stir for a few seconds, then add minced garlic.
Saute for a minute or so, then add cleaned, sliced mushrooms, thyme leaves, and red chili pepper.
Add the yogurt and half & half, and season to taste.
Cook for about 10 minutes at medium-high temperature, stirring occasionally to prevent from burning.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Slide the turkey burgers in and coat them with the gravy.
Let the sauce cook while the patties warm through again and you are DONE! Dinner is served.
You can serve these turkey burgers with mushroom gravy over rice, pasta, or potatoes. We just ate them as is with all the yummy sauce and veggies on the side. As stated above this makes this meal low carb/keto.
- Green beans
- Steamed broccoli
We like an 85/15. You want a little bit of fat so the burgers are not too dry. We don’t recommend ground turkey breast, it tends to dry out fast and does not have a lot of flavor.
More Delicious Recipes
Turkey Burgers with Mushroom Gravy Recipe
- 3 Scallions chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tsp. Dried Thyme
- 1/8 tsp. Kosher Salt or Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. Plain Yogurt or sour cream
- 4 oz Heavy Whipped Cream/or Half and Half
- Salt to taste
- 1 lbs. Ground Turkey
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 medium onion shredded or minced
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- In the large mixing bowl add ground turkey, onion, salt, and pepper. Form the patties.
- Cook the patties in a large skillet over medium heat with a few tbsp of oil until the internal temperature reaches 165° F.
- Once patties are cooked, transfer to a plate and set them aside.
- In the saute pan, add butter and let the butter slightly melt.
- Add chopped scallions, stir for a few seconds, then add minced garlic.
- Saute for a minute or so, then add cleaned, sliced mushrooms, thyme leaves, and red chili pepper.
- Add the yogurt and half & half, season to taste.
- Cook for about 10 minutes on medium-high temperature, stirring occasionally to prevent from burning.
- Return the patties to the skillet and spoon gravy over to reheat.
Recipe from sandraseasycooking