Turkey Burger Recipe
This turkey burger recipe is juicy, tender, and full of flavor-alternative to beef burgers! A healthier burger option is always a good choice, right?
Our favorite turkey burger recipe is finally making an appearance on the blog. We have made these turkey burgers for a couple of years, testing and tasting along the way.
This is one of our go-to recipes for meal prepping. It is so easy to double the recipe and cook them all at one time on the Blackstone griddle.
Juicy Turkey Burger Recipe
We do not recommend using breadcrumbs in ground turkey. The breadcrumbs will soak up the moisture and make your turkey burger VERY dry.
Ingredients Needed for the Turkey Burger
- Lean ground turkey
- Stone ground mustard
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried thyme
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cayenne (optional)
How to Make Turkey Burgers
In a large bowl add the ground turkey, mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, thyme, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and cayenne. Carefully mix until well combined.
Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal-size patties. We weigh and form 4 six-ounce patties. Place the turkey patties on a parchment-lined plate or tray and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
The refrigeration just helps them firm up a bit after forming. Raw ground turkey can be sticky and unruly.
Preheat the griddle (or skillet) over medium-high heat. Oil the griddle, once hot cook the turkey burgers for 4-6 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
DO NOT OVERCOOK, they will dry out. This is where a good quality meat thermometer is your best friend!
Remove and build the burgers with all your favorite toppings!
Turkey Burger Toppings:
- Purple onion
Make Ahead Freezing Instructions
Mix the ingredients, form the patties then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Put them in the freezer to “flash freeze” for one hour. Once burger patties are partially frozen, layer them in a freezer-safe bag or container, with parchment paper between them. Freeze for 2-3 months.
More Turkey Recipes to Try
- Homemade Cajun Turkey Deli Meat
- Turkey Burgers with Mushroom Gravy
- Easy Creamy Turkey Tetrazzini
- Smoked Turkey Breast Easy And Perfect
Turkey Burger Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb Lean ground turkey
- 5 Tbsp Stone ground mustard
- 1 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- 1 tsp Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes optional
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper optional
- In a large bowl add the ground turkey, mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, thyme, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and cayenne. Carefully mix until well combined.
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal size patties. We weigh and form 4 six ounce patties. Place on a parchment lined plate or tray and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the griddle (or skillet) over medium-high heat. Oil the griddle, once hot cook the turkey burgers for 4-6 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. DO NOT OVER COOK.