When strawberries are on sale you make pie! This fresh strawberry pie recipe is really simple.
This is the perfect summer dessert for family gatherings, barbecues, or just a sweet treat.
If you are planning on making the pie crust yourself, purchase a backup. I wish I had. Instead, I had to make another trip to the store. I’m not an avid pie baker.
As a kid, we had a restaurant in town named Shoney’s some may know it as Big Boys. They had the best pie! They also had a Hot Fudge Cake to-die-for. I plan on trying to make that one day.
This pie is just like the Shoney’s pie I adored as a child!
I did attempt a homemade crust but I failed yet again. I WILL conquer homemade crust!! I just have to keep trying. You could certainly use a premade graham cracker crust pie shell to make this a true no-bake pie.
Also, the next time I make this pie I am going to cut the strawberries smaller for easier eating.
- Pie crust – You can make your own or make it super simple with a store-bought pie shell.
- Fresh strawberries – Fresh is the only way to go with this pie. Frozen will be too soft and have too much moisture.
- Sugar, cornstarch, water, and strawberry jello – These simple ingredients create the sweet strawberry glaze.
- Strawberries – Cut larger strawberries in half or thirds. This will make slicing and eating the pie much easier.
- Soggy crust – Be sure it’s fully cooked. You could also brush the shell with eggwash before blind baking. This helps create a seal.
How to Make Strawberry Pie with Jello
Clean & trim strawberries. You might want to at least cut the strawberries in half. I think it will make slicing and eating the pie much easier.
Arrange the strawberries in the prepared pie crust.
Prepare the pie crust as directed. Set aside.
In a saucepan over medium heat combine water, sugar, and cornstarch. Boil until clear and completely dissolved.
Remove from heat and add the strawberry jello powder. The jello helps enhance the strawberry flavor!
Pour the strawberry mixture evenly over all the strawberries.
Refrigerate the pie until set.
Serve the fresh strawberry pie with fresh cold whipped cream or cool whip!
This is sure to be one of your favorite desserts.
Wrap the pie tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
We don’t recommend freezing this pie. Freezing Jello will ruin its texture. Gelatin does not thaw well. Freezing and thawing gelatin will cause the filling to weep.
Are you on Pinterest? Click the button below to add this recipe to your boards.
More Summer Dessert Recipes
- Strawberry Shortcake Recipe From Scratch
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes
- Blueberry Pie
Easy Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 2 lbs Fresh strawberries
- 1 Deep dish pie crust store bought or homemade
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 4 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 box strawberry jello powder
- Prepare the pie crust as directed. Set aside.
- Clean & trim strawberries.
- Arrange the strawberries in the pie crust.
- In a saucepan combine water, sugar, and cornstarch. Boil until clear.
- Remove from heat and add the strawberry jello powder.
- Pour the mixture evenly over all the strawberries.
- Refrigerate the pie until set.
Recipe from twotwentyone