Mini meatloaves with roasted green beans and crispy, creamy potatoes are a quick, delicious, easy sheet pan meal.
Why You’ll Love This
Mini meatloaves bake quicker than a loaf pan meatloaf.
No need to use a muffin tin.
It’s easy to prepare with wholesome fresh green beans and bite-size potatoes.
Individual meatloaf servings are fun for everyone!
It’s a full dinner prepared on one pan, making cleanup a breeze!
Everyone receives a serving of meatloaf with crispy edges all around and a full coating of meatloaf sauce.
This is a budget-friendly recipe. You can serve a family of four for under $20.
It’s also a great recipe for meal prepping. Perfect for a household of one or two people.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and instructions.
- Ground Beef – For this mini meatloaves recipe use lean ground beef such as ground round or ground sirloin. This will reduce the drippings on the pan.
- Seasonings – Minced onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, ketchup, kosher salt, and black pepper. I just adjusted our traditional meatloaf recipe to make these mini loaves.
- Meatloaf Glaze – Ketchup, brown sugar, dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Egg and Breadcrumbs – One large egg and plain breadcrumbs are used as a binder for the meatloaf and to keep them moist.
- Fresh Green Beans and Bite-Size Potatoes – For the potatoes use gold or red potatoes that are bite-size. We used Baby Dutch Yellow potatoes. If you can only find larger potatoes cut them in half or quarter them for even cooking.
How to Make Mini Meatloaves
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan (full sheet pan) with aluminum foil and then with parchment paper.
In a large bowl mix together the meatloaf ingredients. Don’t overmix, overmixing will make the mini meatloaves tough and dense.
Divide the meatloaf mixture into 4 equal size servings and shape them into rounds. Mine were about 6 ounces each. I use a scale to achieve equal servings.
Place them on one side of the prepared baking sheet.
In a small bowl prepare the meatloaf glaze and spread it evenly over the top of each mini meatloaf.
In a separate large bowl toss the potatoes with the olive oil, dried thyme, kosher salt, and black pepper.
Arrange the potatoes in the middle third of the sheet pan.
Bake, uncovered for 20 minutes.
While the potatoes and meatloaves are baking toss the green beans in the same bowl that the potatoes were in with additional olive oil, kosher salt, and black pepper.
After the first 20 minutes of baking, remove the pan and add the green beans to the last third of the sheet pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the meatloaves have reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- DON’T OVERMIX. As with any ground meat recipe, these mini meatloaves require a gentle mixing. Meatloaf when overmixed tends to become compact, dense, and tough.
- Use a kitchen scale to divide the meat mixture into equal portions.
- This recipe is a sheet pan meal but you will be adding the green beans after an initial cooking time. You don’t want to overcook the green beans!
- Although I have never had this happen if the potatoes and green beans seem to be done faster than the meatloaves, you can remove them from the pan, transfer them to a platter, and continue cooking the meatloaves.
- If you don’t have a sheet pan large enough you can use two pans. Cook the meatloaves and potatoes in one pan and the green beans in the other pan.
- You can use frozen green beans instead of fresh ones. You may need to add a few extra minutes of cooking time.
- For the potatoes, you can use fingerling potatoes, baby red potatoes, or baby gold potatoes. If your potatoes are larger than bite-size be sure to cut them in half or even quarter them.
- Replace the breadcrumbs with buttery cracker crumbs or panko breadcrumbs.
- You can use ground turkey but do note the taste will differ from ground beef.
- Use your favorite barbecue sauce for the meatloaf topping instead of our ketchup-based sauce.
- Although we love using green beans for this recipe, you can try swapping them out for broccoli, cauliflower, or zucchini. Be sure to cut them into small equal sizes so they will cook during the time needed.
You can absolutely make the mini meatloaves as instructed without the sauce, flash freeze the unbaked meatloaves until hard (about 2 hours), wrap them tightly in plastic wrap, place them in an airtight freezer container or bag, and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to serve them, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight, and continue the recipe as instructed.
Let the meatloaves cool completely, place them in an airtight container, and refrigerate them for up to 4 days. Microwave at 30 second intervals until heated through or place the leftovers back on a sheet pan and reheat in a 300 degree oven until warmed through.
You can let the meatloaves cool completely, and freeze them for up to 2 months for the best quality. I don’t recommend freezing the potatoes and green beans. Freezing tends to change the texture of potatoes.
More Ground Beef Recipes
Mini Meatloaves with Green Beans and Potatoes
- 1.5 lbs Lean ground beef 1 to 1.5lbs
- 1 large Egg lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp Plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Onion minced
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dark brown sugar
- 1.5 lbs Bite size potatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3/4 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1 lb Fresh green beans
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil and then with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the egg, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, minced onion, ketchup, salt, and pepper. Add the ground beef and mix to combine. DO NOT OVERMIX.1.5 lbs Lean ground beef, 1 large Egg, 3 tbsp Plain breadcrumbs, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup Onion, 1/4 tsp Garlic powder, 1/4 tsp Onion powder, 2 tbsp Ketchup, 1/2 tsp Kosher salt, 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- Divide the meatloaf mixture into 4 equal size servings and shape them into rounds. Place them on one side of the prepared sheet pan.
- In a small bowl combine the ketchup, dijon, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar. Spread the sauce evenly over the top of each mini meatloaf.1/4 cup Ketchup, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tbsp Dark brown sugar
- In another large bowl toss the potatoes with olive oil, dried thyme, salt, and pepper and coat evenly. Arrange the potatoes in the middle third of the sheet pan.1.5 lbs Bite size potatoes, 2 tbsp Olive oil, 3/4 tsp Dried thyme, 1/4 tsp Kosher salt, 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- Bake, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Toss the green beans in the same bowl that the potatoes were in with 2 teaspoons of olive oil, kosher salt, and black pepper.1 lb Fresh green beans, 2 tsp Olive oil, 1/4 tsp Kosher salt, 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the green beans to the last third of the sheet pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the meatloaves have reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.