Sheet pan eggplant parmesan is an easier and healthier version of an Italian classic.
Crispy baked eggplant topped with tangy marinara sauce and smothered in melty mozzarella cheese. So lip-smacking delicious!
Try our Easy Parmesan Meatballs!
How To Make Eggplant Parmesan – Sheet Pan
There are a few steps to this eggplant parmesan recipe but it’s worth the effort, I promise.
Peel (optional) and slice the eggplant into 1/4″ rounds. We prefer to peel them, the skin can be tough. Lay them in a single layer on paper towels and salt both sides. Let sit for about 10-15 minutes. Wipe the moisture and excess salt from each piece, set aside. Some people don’t think this step is necessary but it helps draw out moisture and bitterness. It’s up to you.
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Cover a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, brush the foil with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside.
In a large wide-mouth bowl whisk the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, granulated garlic, and pepper together. In another large wide-mouth bowl whisk the eggs. Dredge each slice of eggplant in the egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture (pressing into the breadcrumbs), place the breaded eggplant on the prepared sheet pan in a single layer.
Bake for 15-20 minutes. Turn each eggplant slice over and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and top each slice with 2-3 tablespoons of marinara sauce. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the marinara sauce. Return to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Try our Bread Pudding!
Garnish with fresh basil.
Stack two and serve with additional parmesan. There you have it, baked eggplant parmesan. Who said there isn’t a healthy eggplant parmesan? Comfort food at it’s best!
Did I mention the easy clean up too!
Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
Sheet Pan Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated (plus more for garnish)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2-2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups marinara sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Lay the sliced eggplant in a single layer onto a paper towel lined baking sheet. Sprinkle liberally with salt on both sides. Let sit for 10 minutes. Pat dry with additional paper towels.
- Pat each slice dry with paper towel. Set the slices aside.
- In a large wide-mouth bowl whisk the eggs. Set aside.
- In another large wide-mouth bowl, whisk the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, dried basil, dried oregano, granulated garlic, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a large sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Brush 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the foil evenly.
- Dredge each slice of the eggplant into the egg and then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Pressing the eggplant into the breadcrumb mixture, to ensure a good coating. Place the coated eggplant in a single layer on the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn each eggplant slice over, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Top each eggplant slice with 2-3 tablespoons of marinara sauce. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the marinara sauce. Bake for 20 minutes.Garnish with more Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.