This vegetarian burrito makes an easy meal for Meatless Monday’s or any day for that matter. It’s perfect for the busy weeknight meal when your too tired to cook. Even easier if you happen to have leftover rice in the fridge.
You must have those days when you just don’t feel like cooking a large meal. I know I do, maybe too many of them.
These burritos are so fresh and full of mouth-watering flavor! They were a huge hit with my family. So much so, they have requested I put them in my rotation.
Try our Peanut Butter Balls!
Just add 1/4 cup cilantro, lime zest, and juice to the cooked rice and mix well. If it’s leftover rice reheat before adding cilantro and lime. Taste the rice and season with salt and pepper if needed.
You can also use brown rice if you prefer.
For the Pico de Gallo add the diced tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice, and cilantro to a bowl and mix to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Check out our Monster Cookies!
Warm the beans. I used a 15-ounce can black beans because I prefer them over refried pinto beans (use whichever you prefer).
Warm tortillas just enough to make folding and rolling easier. You can do this in the microwave for about 10 to 12 seconds.
Lay a flour tortilla on a flat surface. Layer 1/4 of the beans, cheese, cilantro lime rice, avocado, and sour cream.
Add the Pico de Gallo and lettuce. Fold in the sides in and roll tightly. Repeat with remaining tortillas and fillings.
That’s it and dinner is on the table!
Try our Roasted Salsa Verde!
Veggie burritos are all the rage in our house!
Try our Strawberry Shortcake for dessert!
Vegetarian Burritos Recipe with Refried Beans
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 lime, juiced
Pico de Gallo
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 large flour tortillas, large burrito size
- 15 oz black refried beans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 1/2 cups lettuce, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Warm rice, add cilantro, lime zest, and juice. Mix well.
- Warm the refried beans.
- Lay a tortilla on a flat surface. Layer 1/4 of the beans, cheese, rice, avocado, sour cream, pico de gallo and lettuce. Fold the two sides in and roll tightly. Repeat with remaining tortillas and fillings.
Recipe adapted from Mandy’s Recipe Box Blog