Berry Yogurt Parfait
This Berry Yogurt Parfait is layered with creamy yogurt, fresh blueberries, fresh blackberries, crunchy granola, honey, and fresh mint! A light and fresh treat.
Don’t Sweat The Recipe is supported by its readers. We may earn a commission if you purchase through a link on our site. Learn more.
Why You’ll Love This
This yogurt parfait recipe is super easy to make.
Homemade yogurt parfaits are light yet filling fun breakfast, especially during the hot summer mornings.
Fruit and yogurt parfaits are perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, snack, or even dessert!
It’s sweet, a little tart, creamy, crunchy, and delicious.
It’s completely customizable, you can choose your favorite flavors!
Some of our other favorite breakfast recipes to make are Ham and Cheese Strata, Sausage Muffins without Bisquick, Best Ever Banana Muffins, Jumbo Pumpkin Muffins, Cinnamon Raisin Bread.
- Yogurt – Use your favorite yogurt. You can use plain yogurt or Greek yogurt. Choose blueberry flavored or vanilla.
- Berries – Use fresh blueberries and fresh blackberries for the best flavor.
- Granola and Honey – You can also use slivered almonds if desired. Try our Homemade Granola recipe.
- Fresh Mint – This is optional but it does add a bright fresh taste! You could also use fresh basil or lemon thyme.
How to Make Yogurt Parfait
Spoon the Yogurt – Spoon about 1/3 cup of the yogurt into a 6 ounce glass or jar.
Add the Berries – Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of fresh berries over the yogurt.
Add the Granola – Sprinkle about 1-2 tablespoons of granola over the top.
Top with Honey and Herbs – Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of honey over the granola and then sprinkle the chopped mint over.
Repeat the Layer – Repeat the layering process for the second layer.
Garnish – Garnish with a small dollop of yogurt and a sprig of fresh mint.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- If making these the night before be sure to pat the berries dry before layering into the yogurt parfait.
- Break up the granola that is in large chunks, this will make for a more even consistency.
- You can mash up some of the berries and mix them with a little bit of granulated sugar if you want the yogurt parfait sweeter. Just remember that the berries will release a good bit of juice when you do this and can make the parfait runny if not served immediately.
- I recommend fresh fruit over frozen fruit. You would need to thaw frozen fruit a bit and it tends to release more liquids. But with that said if you are making these the night before frozen berries will thaw in the parfait while in the fridge overnight.
- Type of Yogurt – This yogurt parfait is completely customizable to your taste. We use a nonfat Greek yogurt with blueberries on the bottom. You can choose your favorite type of flavored yogurt.
- Fruit – Try changing up the fruit with raspberries, peaches, strawberries, pineapple, mango, or kiwi.
- Nuts – Chopped almonds, pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, or peanuts.
- Add-Ins – Shredded coconut or coconut flakes and mini chocolate chips.
- Seeds – Try a sprinkle of chia seeds.
- Sweeteners – You can use agave syrup, honey, or maple syrup.
They are best served immediately. But if you make sure to dry the washed berries thoroughly, they might last up to 24 hours covered tightly in the refrigerator. The juices from the berries will start to leak into the yogurt making it runny, and it will start to soften the granola.
Yes. The night before layer them without the granola in glass mason jars with lids. Then sprinkle granola over the top just before serving. The granola will become soggy if made ahead.
More Blueberry Recipes
- 2 5.3 oz Greek blueberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup Fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup Fresh blackberries
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1/4 cup Granola
- 2 sprigs Fresh mint, chopped or fresh basil
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of yogurt (half of the 5.3 ounce container) into a 6 ounce glass.2 5.3 oz Greek blueberry yogurt
- Sprinkle half of the fresh berries over the yogurt.1/2 cup Fresh blueberries, 1/2 cup Fresh blackberries
- Layer about 1 tablespoon of the granola over the top.1/4 cup Granola
- Drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon of honey, and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of fresh mint.2 tsp Honey, 2 sprigs Fresh mint, chopped
- Repeat the layer process one more time, garnish and serve immediately.