Savory herb and cheese biscotti is my new cracker. I have a newfound love for biscotti and decided to try a savory type.
I really liked the herb and cheese flavor in this savory biscotti recipe. They were perfect with tomato basil soup, like large dip-able croutons. Which is always a hit with my daughter.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s fantastic flavors from the Herb de Provence and goat cheese.
- A great appetizer or replacement for crackers or toast.
- A savory twist on the classic biscotti.
How to make Savory Herb and Cheese Biscotti
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk together the herbes de Provence, flour, baking powder, and salt. Set the dry ingredients aside.
This was a great recipe to use the Herbes de Provence just sitting in my spice cabinet.
Beat the goat cheese and butter together until smooth. Add the sugar and eggs and beat until combined.
Add the flour mixture in batches and beat until just combined.
Form the dough on the prepared baking sheet into a 13″L x 3 1/2″ W log. Dampened fingertips will help you form the dough.
Bake 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 20-30 minutes, cool enough to handle. Carefully transfer to a cutting board.
With a serrated knife slice on the diagonal.
Place the slices cut side down, on the baking sheet.
Bake until pale golden, about 15 minutes.
Transfer the biscotti to a wire rack and cool completely.
More Biscotti Recipes
- Italian Sesame Seed Cookies (Biscotti Regina)
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
- Spiced Apple Cider Biscotti
- Almond Biscotti
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Biscotti
Savory Herb and Cheese Biscotti Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons herbes de Provence
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup 2 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, herbes de Provence, baking powder, and salt.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter and goat cheese together until smooth.
- Beat in the sugar and eggs.
- Add the flour mixture in batches and beat until just combined.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet.
- With dampened hands, form the dough into a 13″L x 3 1/2″ wide loaf.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 20-30 minutes, or cool enough to handle.
- Transfer the loaf to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut the log on the diagonal into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place the biscotti, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake until pale golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer the biscotti to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Bake until pale golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer the biscotti to a wire rack and cool completely.