These spicy cheese crackers were a BIG hit with my clan. Cheesy, spicy, salty and crunchy! If you have never made your own cheese crackers, you must give this cracker recipe a try.
If you are making this for the kids just leave out the red pepper flakes.
Try our Spicy Seasoned Oyster Crackers!
How to make Homemade Spicy Cheez-Its
I don’t recommend using pre-packaged shredded sharp cheddar cheese, it’s coated with that powdery weird stuff. So buy block cheese and shred it yourself.
This recipe is quick to come together in the food processor. Which means very little cleanup.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Shred the cheese in your food processor.
Add the butter, flour, salt, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder and pulse until you achieve a coarse crumb.
Check out our Sausage Balls!
Add the milk until the dough forms a ball. You might need to add a drizzle of additional milk.
With a rolling pin roll out the dough until it’s about 1/8″ inch thick.
Cut into 1″ squares. I used a pizza cutter.
Don’t judge me on the lines not being perfectly straight. I have never been able to cut, draw or walk a straight line.
Place the cheese crackers on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and using a toothpick poke a hole in the center of each one.
Bake for 12 minutes or until they just start to turn golden brown.
Enjoy! These homemade cheese crackers are best eaten the day you make them. The longer they sit the softer they become. Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
These would be perfect for a Game Day party!
Try our Spinach Dip!
Spicy Cheese Cracker Recipe
Spicy Cheese Crackers
- 6 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/4 Cup Butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Shred the sharp cheddar cheese.
- Using a food processor, pulse the cheese, butter, flour, salt, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder into coarse crumbs
- Add the milk and process until ball forms. (you might have to add a dribble more milk )
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about 1/8″ thick, cut into 1″ squares
- Place the crackers on the prepared baking sheet and using a toothpick poke a hole in the center of each one.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until they just start to brown.
- Store in an airtight container. These are best eaten the day you bake them.