Wonderfully crispy, crunchy, Almond Biscotti! It’s a satisfyingly firm cookie but not teeth-breaking hard.
As I’ve said before I’m obsessed with biscotti. They are the perfect treat for morning or afternoon coffee or tea.
This recipe is easily adjusted to accommodate almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios, or cashews.
Check out our popular Pumpkin Spice Latte Biscotti recipe!
How to Make Biscotti
This biscotti recipe is super easy to make just a little time-consuming.
Preheat the oven to 300ºF. Place the almonds on a sheet pan and lightly toast for about 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Increase the oven temperature to 350ºF.
In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Add the room temperature eggs and mix to combine.
Add the flour mixture 1/3 at a time to the butter/egg mixture and stir until just combined.
Stir in the almonds.
Dampen your fingers and shape the dough into 2 – 4″x10″ logs on a baking sheet prepped with parchment paper.
Brush the tops of the dough logs with egg wash (optional).
Bake for about 30 minutes, until lightly golden.
Remove from the oven and let cool enough to be handled about 10-15 minutes.
Carefully transfer to a cutting board.
With a serrated knife, carefully slice the logs into 3/4 inch thick slices and arrange on the baking sheet cut side down.
Bake again for 15 minutes, remove and turn each slice over to the other cut side and bake another 10-15 minutes until golden and dry.
Try our Spiced Apple Cider Biscotti recipe.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy every last one of them yourself or share with a friend!
I may or may not have eaten all of these myself.
Check out our Dark Chocolate Biscotti.
Biscotti Cookies Recipe
Almond Biscotti Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole almonds with skin, lightly toasted
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Place the almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for about 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Increase the oven temperature to 350F.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar, butter, vanilla, and almond extract. Add eggs and mix to combine. Add the flour mixture 1/3 at a time to the butter/egg mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in the almonds.
- Dampen your hands and shape dough into 2 4"x10" logs on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Beat the egg with the teaspoon of water. Brush on the egg wash.
- Bake about 30-35 minutes until lightly golden. Transfer the baking pan to a wire rack and cool for 10-15 minutes, cool enough to handle.
- Using a very sharp, serrated knife, cut logs into 3/4 inch slices and arrange on the baking sheet, cut side down. Bake biscotti again for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn each piece over to the other cut side and bake another 10-15 minutes until golden and dry.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.