Pumpkin coffee cake! I couldn’t ask for anything more. Well, ok maybe I could and will but not at this moment. Pour a cup of coffee and take a break with a piece of this incredibly moist, flavorful pumpkin coffee cake loaded with a crumb topping. This is a fall baking must!
Try our popular bakery-style Pumpkin Muffins!
Pumpkin Coffee Cake
How to make a Pumpkin Coffee Cake
First, make the crumb topping.
In a medium-size bowl whisk together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and pinch of salt. Break up the brown sugar if it clumps. Pour in the melted butter and mix with a fork until it is moistened and crumbly. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch springform baking pan with nonstick spray.
In another mixing bowl whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Set aside.
In a large bowl cream the softened butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time until incorporated. Add the pumpkin puree, sour cream, and vanilla. Mix at low speed slowly adding the dry ingredients just until combined.
Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly. The batter will be thick. Sprinkle the crumb topping over evenly.
Check out our Bread Pudding!
Bake about 40-45 minutes, until the center is set and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove and cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
Slice and enjoy this little piece of Fall heaven with your favorite hot beverage. For me, that’s coffee all the way!
Check out our Pumpkin Spice Latte Biscotti.
Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe
Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- small pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Start by preparing the crumb topping. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, dark brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. (Break up the brown sugar if it’s clumpy) Pour in the melted butter and mix with a fork until completely moistened and crumbly. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer or with a hand-held mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until incorporated. Mix in the pumpkin puree, sour cream, and vanilla. With the mixer on low speed slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.