This brown sugar glazed ham is perfect for the Easter dinner menu. It’s so easy to prep and full of sweet and tangy flavor.
This is great for any time of the year, not just for special occasions! We make it year round for sandwiches. It really is so much better than prepacked lunch meat. Make some homemade sandwich bread and you have the perfect leftover ham sandwich.
My husband keeps hinting that we need to purchase a meat slicer but I keep putting him off. I just can’t store one more small kitchen appliance.
Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
How to Make a Bone-In Ham with Honey Baked Glazed
Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees. Line a roasting pan with foil. Then place a roasting rack inside of the pan.
Place the ham on the rack and score the top in a diamond pattern.
Bake for about 1 1/2 hours.
In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, whole grain mustard, and vinegar. There is no need to bring to boil.
We prefer the whole grain mustard over honey mustard or dijon mustard. The whole grain seems to give it more kick.
Remove ham from the oven. Cover the ham evenly with the glaze and bake for another 35 minutes or when the internal temperature reaches 145ºF.
Just look at that nice sweet and tangy crust! Allow it to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
You can also use the same brown sugar mustard glaze on a spiral cut ham.
Voila! Easy, right? This glazed ham recipe will be your go-to for Christmas dinner or any holiday occasion.
Best Ham Glaze Recipe
Brown Sugar and Mustard Glazed Baked Ham
- 1 10 lb smoked cured ham
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup prepared whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Score top into a diamond pattern.
- Place on a rack in a roasting pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar, whole grain mustard, and vinegar.
- Spread glaze evenly over ham. Bake for another 35 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
More Delicious Recipes