Easy Ham And Swiss Sliders
Baked ham and swiss sliders are one of those easy appetizers that make the game day all the better. It’s so easy to toss together and so warm and delicious.
The warm ham and melty cheese with those sweet, soft Hawaiian rolls make each bite better than the last.
You get the sweet and savory in each bite. The butter mixture on top with the poppy seeds adds another layer of flavor and texture.
And because it only takes about 5 minutes to throw these together and another 30 minutes (roughly) in the oven, you can make these during halftime and not miss a single play!
Just a quick note on this. You can mix up the type of ham you want. We are using a black forest ham. For a sweeter ham, you could go with honey ham. If you like, you can also opt for a savory Hawaiian roll versus the sweet version.
Other than that, the ingredients are pretty standard.
Tips And Variations
- This is a great way to use up any leftover ham you may have (from the holidays).
- A salty ham would go well with the sweetness of the roll. A honey ham would make it all the sweeter.
- Make sure to pat dry if you use prepackaged ham versus thinly sliced deli ham. It contains a fair amount of water that can add additional moisture to these Hawaiian roll sliders.
- Our recipe calls for swiss cheese, but by all means, use whatever cheese you prefer. Just make sure it’s a melty cheese. Havarti, Provolone, American cheese, and Monterey Jack are good examples of that.
- Slider buns also work if you want a less sweet ham and swiss sliders experience.
- We eat these as-is but serving these with some honey mustard would be awesome!
- Removing them from the pan onto a cutting board will make cutting them into individual sliders much easier.
How To Make Ham And Swiss Sliders
Add the melted butter, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, dried parsley, kosher salt, and onion powder to a small bowl. Mix to combine and set aside.
Remove the Hawaiian sweet rolls from their package.
Don’t separate them. Using a sharp knife, cut through the middle of the entire dozen, so you end up with the top of the buns separate from the bottoms of the buns.
Place the bottoms of the rolls in a 11×17 baking dish.
Layer half of the deli ham on the bottoms. Next, layer half the swiss cheese. Repeat with the remaining ham and cheese.
Place the tops of the Hawaiian rolls on top of the ham and cheese.
Using a pastry brush, apply the butter mixture to the tops of the rolls. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Cover with aluminum foil.
You can prepare these in advance. Once you have them assembled, cover them with plastic wrap and place them in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours. Pull them from the fridge 1 hour before baking.
Place them into the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Remove the foil and continue to bake for another 5-10 minutes until the rolls have browned up a bit and the swiss cheese is melted.
Remove them from the oven. Cut them into individual sliders and serve them immediately.
I previously said these easy sliders would be great for the big game or a super bowl party. It’s perfect party food. You can make one batch for a small crowd or easily double it up.
But it also makes an easy weeknight dinner that even the little kids would love. Layers of ham, gooey swiss cheese, and buttery sauce topping will make this easy recipe an instant family favorite.
It always amazes me how a few simple ingredients and a simple recipe can create a perfect finger food.
Ham from your local deli is best. If you buy the prepackaged ham, make sure to pat it dry as that ham has high water content.
A mix of herbs and melted butter is usually put on the sliders. You can then sprinkle on poppy seeds or sesame seeds for additional flavor.
You want the cheese to be nice and melty such as Havarti, Provolone, American cheese, and Pepper Jack are great examples.
When assembling, make sure to pat the ham dry, eliminating any excess moisture.
More Sliders And Party Food Recipes
- Meatball Sliders Recipe
- Pastrami And Swiss Cheese Sliders
- Roast Beef Sliders with Horseradish Sauce Recipe
- Oven Baked Sliders
- Sausage Pretzel Bites
Easy Ham And Swiss Sliders Recipe
Ham And Cheese Sliders Topping
- 4 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Poppy seeds
Ham And Cheese Sliders
- 12 slices Deli ham 3/4 lb
- 12 slices Swiss cheese about 8oz
- 1 package Sweet Hawaiian rolls
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Add the melted butter, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, dried parsley, and onion powder to a small bowl. Mix to combine and set aside.4 tbsp Unsalted butter, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 2 tsp Dried parsley, 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- Remove the Hawaiian sweet rolls from their package. Using a sharp knife, cut through the middle of the entire dozen, so you end up with the top of the buns separate from the bottoms of the buns.1 package Sweet Hawaiian rolls
- Place the bottoms of the rolls in a 11×17 baking dish.
- Layer half of the ham on the bottoms. Next, layer half the swiss cheese. Repeat with the remaining ham and cheese.12 slices Deli ham, 12 slices Swiss cheese
- Place the tops of the Hawaiian rolls on top of the ham and cheese.
- Using a pastry brush, apply the butter mixture to the tops of the rolls. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Place them into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for another 5-10 minutes until the rolls have browned up a bit and the swiss cheese is melty.
- Remove them from the oven. Cut them into individual sliders and serve immediately.
Absolutely delicious!! Super easy and were a huge hit in my house!
Made for a party. Everyone wanted the recipe!