A small sandwich with tons of flavor. These Pastrami and Swiss Cheese sliders pack that mega tasty punch you’re looking for without leaving you in a sandwich coma.
These sliders are perfect for any time you want to entertain a crowd or just stay in with the family for movie night.
We’re talking pastrami and swiss with the tartness of a bit of sauerkraut, some spicy sweet Russian dressing, and a soft hot slider roll. YES!
This perfect mix of salty sweet, cheesy goodness that will probably cause you to wolf down two too many before you realize what has happened. No worries, there’s twelve of em!
How To Make Pastrami and Swiss Cheese Sliders
Preheat oven 350ºF and place the rack in the middle position.
Next, slice the rolls and spread the Russian dressing on both top and bottom sides.
Put the bottom of the rolls in a 9×13 baking pan. Add the pastrami to the bottoms. Depending on how you got the meat from the deli sliced this could require multiple pieces, creative folding, etc.
For us, we took one slice and folded it once length-wise, then into thirds. That fits perfectly for us.
Next, add the sauerkraut dividing between all the sliders. Fold a slice of swiss so it fits on the slider and place over the sauerkraut. Lastly, add the slider top.
For the slider bun topping, combine the butter, poppy seeds, and onion powder to a small bowl and microwave until the butter has melted.
Brush the tops of the slider bun with the poppyseed and melted butter mixture.
Cover the pastrami and swiss cheese sliders with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove the foil and bake for 5-10 minutes more until the cheese is melted.
Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving. We noticed that these kept nice and warm for some time, a good hour.
These hot pastrami sliders are perfect for fans of sandwiches and two will usually do in a hungry appetite so this makes a perfect dish for your next casual gathering.
Pastrami And Swiss Cheese Sliders Recipe
Pastrami And Swiss Cheese Sliders
- 12 Square slider rolls
- 24 oz Deli Pastrami sliced thin
- 12 slices Swiss Cheese
- 1 lb Sauerkraut Drained and squeezed dry
- 8 tbsp Russian Dressing
- 4 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and set the rack to middle position.
- Slice the rolls/buns and spread the Russian dressing equally on tops and bottoms.
- Place the bottom parts of the rolls in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Add pastrami to bottoms, folding as needed to fit.
- Add sauerkraut, dividing between all the sliders. You may not use the full pound of sauerkraut.
- Fold the Swiss cheese so it fits on the slider on top of the sauerkraut.
- Combine the butter, poppy seeds, and onion powder into a bowl and microwave until butter is melted.
- Brush the tops of the sliders with the poppy seed mixture.
- Cover the sliders with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- These will keep warm for an hour after removing from oven.