Slow cooker Boston baked beans are tastier than any you will find on the canned goods aisle! Using the slow cooker is not the traditional method for Boston baked beans but it is MUCH easier. Simmered in molasses makes these Boston Baked Beans dark, sweet, and rich in flavor.
With this recipe, you don’t have to constantly be adding water and stirring. You and the kitchen stay nice and cool during those hot weather months!
These baked beans are a great side for our Hot Dogs with Mustard Slaw!
Slow Cooker Boston Baked Beans
How to make slow cooker Boston Baked Beans using Canned Beans
Simply dice the thick-cut bacon into small pieces, chop the onion. Place the rinsed, drained beans into the slow cooker crock, top with the onions and bacon.
In a medium-size bowl mix the molasses, maple syrup, dijon mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire, dry mustard, brown sugar, pepper, garlic, apple cider vinegar, and salt.
Pour over the beans and stir to combine. Turn the crockpot to low, cover the beans, and cook for 10-12 hours, slow cooking all the ingredients, stirring occasionally.
Cooking the beans can’t be much easier than that!
During the last hour of cooking remove the glass lid from the Crock-Pot. This will help the sauce thicken.
This recipe is great for cooking overnight and perfect to bring to any potluck!
Need an easy dessert? Try our favorite Easy Key Lime Pie recipe.
Serve and enjoy these easy to make Slow Cooker Boston Baked Beans!
If you need something to go along with this delicious side, give our awesome St. Louis Ribs a try. They want to be on a plate together!!
If you’re looking for an even more meatier, hearty baked beans, you have to check out our Easy Barbecue Baked Beans Recipe.
Need a programmable slow cooker that does it all, take a look at this one. The Ninja Foodi Pro does it all. It’s worth a look and well worth the purchase! This recipe, plus 1000’s more can be done with this one kitchen tool.
Slow Cooker Boston Baked Beans Recipe
- 46.5 oz canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed 3 15.5 oz cans (or Great Northern Beans)
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coarse ground mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Place the drained and rinsed pinto beans in the slow cooker crock. Add the bacon and onions.
- In a medium-size bowl mix the molasses, maple syrup, coarse ground mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, brown sugar, pepper, salt, garlic, and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour the sauce over the beans, onions, and bacon. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours, stirring occasionally. During the last hour of cooking remove the lid to allow the sauce to thicken.